Thread: Did I or Didn't I?

Question Did I or Didn't I?

Hi All

Just wondering if I have experienced my first braxton hick today?! I was walking back to my car after lunch today, maybe rushing a little bit, and I got sharp pains at the top of my belly that was pretty uncomfortable, I guess like a huge stitch! It went away when I got to my car but since then I have been getting the same sort of sharp pains all through my belly.

So am I experiencing my first BH?!

I just noticed you got engaged very recently, congratulations.
    I've started getting BH in the last couple of weeks, they are not painful just very uncomfortable at times. I get some pains in the lower abdomen and they feel like period pains and these are muscles stretching.

I guess all this varies though from pregnancy to pregnancy.

I've been getting them from about 24 weeks - and they feel like my belly muscles all go REALLY tight and rock hard for about a minute and then it subsides. Not really painful though as Hope said - just uncomfortable. If it feels like a stitch or is painful - could it be muscles pulling?

Could be. I know that people experiece them differently. My stomach just goes quite tight and firm for about 20-30secs and i feel like i really need to pee. I don't fnd them painful but i know other women who do. I find that i get them when i've been quite active.

Could be. next time it happens put your hand on your tummy if it goe hard then it was probably BH

hmm well I actually did put my hand on my tummy and I dont think it was hard.. just the normal tightness that I have right now. So maybe it was just my body telling me to slow down!

OH I really want to experience a BH and know what everyone is talking about!!