Thread: Did i feel the baby move? Maybe?

Default Did i feel the baby move? Maybe?

Last night, at 15wks & 4dys, i went and did water aerobics. Less then 5 min after i got into pool, i felt, on my left side, just below my belly button, 3 twtichs. Could that have been the baby moving? Didnt feel it again, and it was certainly different feel from the stretching ligaments type feeling, It was a sudden movement, where as the muscle feeling tends to last a bit longer.
    What do you girls reckon?

Hoping Hoping

Most first time mum’s can feel the baby moving from about 18 weeks. But it is not unusual for some women feeling movements earlier. Most women say that the first movements feel a little bit like butterflies in the tummy, or like a gentle fluttering sensation. It sounds to me like it could have been your baby just saying ‘hey I’m in here’

That's how I would describe my first movements too! That could have been it hun! Don't feel discouraged if you don't feel anything for a bit though, I didn't start feeling movements, even smalls ones, daily until 18 weeks!

That first time is so exciting though

Hello!!

I definitely think it was bubs moving. I felt it for the first time at about 17 weeks and to me it was exactly as you described - more of an uncontrollable muscle like twitch. They just continued to get stronger and now I feel full kicks all day - its the most amazing feeling ever!! I just love it!!! Congratulations!!

Kelly xxx

Definitely could be bubs moving. I felt the first movements at 14 weeks exactly (and this is my first baby). I was so surprised I almost fell out of bed!

I think the fact that you're questioning it because it felt different to everything else means that it probably was your baby. Only time will tell. Don't be stressed if you don't feel anything for a few days, it takes a while for the movements (feeling them anyway) to become regular.

Could be! My first feelings were kinda a bubbly sensation. I still get phantom kicking even now like it. lol. I can't remember when I first felt it tho, I think it was quite early. How exciting for you tho! yay! I can't wait to do it all again

I was to scared to actually say out loud that i thought it was the baby, in case i was wrong, but, hearing your stories, am thinking maybe it was it after all. Havent felt it again, but am looking forward to tomorrow when i get into the pool again to see if i feel anything. Fingers crossed

Oh so exciting!1 I'd say bubby was showing you how skilled at swimming he or she already is!! LOL!! "This is how you do it mummy!!" LOL!!!

First pg I didn't feel anything til 19wks - it was like bubbles rippling and then a day or two later it was a sharp flick. I sat up so fast that I think I must've scared DD at the time!! Hehe!!

This time, I felt bubbles at 12 weeks!!! Same sensation as with pg #1 and have been feeling funny twitches and rolling sensations since approx 15wks. Not regular but definite baby alert moments!! Teehee!!

It's so exciting isn't it?!?! I'm so excited for you!!
    Have so much fun getting to know your bubba as they grow in you (and squish and rearrange your internals!! LOL!!)

Yes i think it was bubba saying HI! Congrats on feeling the first movement, i remember with this one how excited i was when i felt him move, now im counting down the hours till i hold him!
    Enjoy!!

I felt my bubs first movements at about 18-19 wks and it felt something similar to what you described. Yay!!!