Thread: dizziness

Default dizziness

Hi
    I have been having dizzy spells. just over the last day or so. Im 18.5 weeks preg. Is this normal for 18 weeks? I had a shocking one yday thought i was going to pass out. I thought it could have been the heat??

Sara

Default Dizziness

I can definately sympathize with you! I felt the exact same way when i was shopping with my boyfriend yesterday. I had to sit down or i was going to collapse. They offered me glass of water which helped. It isnt a pleasant feeling at all, i too wonder if this is normal?

My friend who is about 35 wks pg had this happen last weekend. She fainted on the Sunday and felt very ordinary on the Monday. She ended up going to the hospital and it was a combination of very low BP and very low iron levels. They gave her an iron shot and she's been a lot better since. The best advice really is ...if you are concerned see your doctor or go to the hospital for them to check you over.

Hi Sara,

I suffer from this very often, it did start around the 18 week mark for me. I've fainted twice and get the dizzy spells often. I have started taking iron supplements as my iron levels were low which may have been contributing to the dizziness. Perhaps you should ask for a blood test next time you are at the doctors to see if this might help you. Apart from that drinking lots of water and staying out of the heat is helpful. The heat seems to drain me of everything then I feel weak and dizzy.

Same things are happening to me at the moment, and Im' just over 23 weeks. All my Dr said to do was increase my iron intake, drink more water and make sure I don't sit or stand in one place too long.

sajemsha Guest

Red face

I get dizzy now and then too and I'm 18 weeks. Usually I get an attack of the dizzies when I'm hanging out washing, I think it could be from standing in the heat for too long maybe, I get dizzy if I don't drink or eat for too long or if I'm very busy for a long time without resting.
    Just be aware of what your body is telling you and look after yourself, you sound as normal as the rest of us....