Thread: Dizziness and headaches - help!

Question Dizziness and headaches - help!

Just wondering if someone could help me out with the above problems. Dizziness is becoming a bit of a concern for me, am having difficulty concentrating, and don't feel very steady on my feet. It's been getting worse over the last week, and now I seem to have headaches to accompany the dizzy feeling.

I know that this is normal for pregnancy, but I would like to avoid taking any medications if possible, so was just wondering if someone knew some strategies I could use to help me through this?

Ta

Have you had your blood pressure checked? Other than that, are you taking a good vitamin and getting plenty of water? If your okay with all of these, maybe you just need a bit of extra rest. Mention it to your care provider just to be sure

Hey Kylie,
    I was going to say the same thing. I'd be getting my blood pressure checked along with my blood sugar levels. But if they are all normal, it just might be your bodies way of telling you to slow down. It must have been all the sun baking on that cruise
    Hope you feel better soon.

Yeah, I've had my blood pressure checked at the obstetricians, and being a nurse it's easy to checkmy sugar levels, both of which are normal.

I guess it's just something I have to deal with. It's such an awful feeling though, I feel like I'm still on the ship!

As my Doctor would say have you checked your Iron?? and have you been taking your mutli-vitamin...which they call elevit here.

Maybe try drinking more water, and small regular meals.

Just an idea.

Jac

I had the same symptoms with my DD. unfortunately the only thing that worked for me was Panadeine Forte (Not normally recommended). eventually they did go away but had things like 24 hour urine check and everything. could be due to the sex of your baby or pre eclampsia. this time I have not had any major headaches so hopefully it's a boy... hopefully for you it's not pre eclampsia