Thread: Dizzyness

Wilson Guest

Default Dizzyness

Anyone else suffered dizziness?
    I have it quite bad but it is only on the one side of my head (left) can't lay, sleep or move that side, i went to the doctor but he wasn't much help and have my midwife appointment on Friday so will get it all checked out then but just wondering if anyone else had anything similar and whether they knew what was causing it??

Cheers

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Sarah

I had really bad dizzyness from first tri to middle of second tri. Noone could quite pinpoint why I was getting it.It would strike really suddenly.Sometimes I couldn't get coordinated enough to walk properly I was so dizzy!They suggested I was low in iron, low BP, high BP.....not sure though what did cause it.

I had heaps of dizzy patches during PG mainly due to low BP. I also thought though that sometimes when it can happen while you are laying down they say to roll to your left side? :-k

Definatley one for the midwives

Wilson Guest

Thanks for the replies, yeah i read somewhere as well that when you are dizzy lay on your left hand side, doesn't work for me ](*,) as that is the side that everything spins laying or standing or sitting, hopefully midwife will know

i am having the same sort of problem atm though i have an onset of an extreme headache usually only in one spot then the world spins out of control and my heart feels like it is going to jump clear out of my throat not a nice feeling doc are running tests should have results back by friday and i go in for an ECG tomorrow

mooshie Guest

with all 3 of my prg i have experienced dizzy spells and light headedness.

with my first i was around 17wks prg and standing in a queue at the bank it was a saturday morning and really busy, i passed out the next thing someone was helping me onto a chair and getting me a drink of water and asking if anyone had a phone to call an ambulance - omg i was so embarressed had to explain that it was cause i was prg (i wasn't really showing then) i tell you tho it was a quick way to queue jump lol. i went to my ob two days later and he assured me all was okay - it more than likey was my blood pressure - i tend to have low blood pressure and my iron levels are very low (even when not prg).

i have also heard or read (maybe on here i think) that it called be a symptom of dehydration so make sure you keep drinking heaps of water.

good luck