Thread: Do you have another ultrasound in the 2nd Tri

Lorin Guest

Smile Do you have another ultrasound in the 2nd Tri

I have just had my 18 week scan, i was a little dissapointed didnt get to see much of bubs as the lady who was doing ultrasound was there to do her job and not let us check ou bubs at 18 weeks. Any how i was wondering when next ultrasound is????

Thanks Girlies

mummymeegs Guest

Hey Lorin,

I know that there is a place here on the GC that is like a training centre that you can go along to and have an ultrasound at any timewithout a refferral. I havent been myself but I have friends that have gone along and they loved it. I am pretty sure that it is free. They cant tell you anything about your baby but you are welcometojust sit there and watch it play. If you are interested please let meknow and I will get the number for you.
    Where did you have your 18 week u/s?

Other than possibly the option presented above by Megan there are no further ultrasounds unless there becomes a medical reason why your doc needs to send you for one at a later date. A standard normal pregnancy will generally only have at most one at 7 weeks (if not sure of dates), one at 12 weeks(NT scan - if your eligible or choose to have it) and then the one around 18 weeks (the anatomy scan) - the next time you'll see your bubs will be at birth

maggie Guest

Sadly no more in the 2nd tri. I had one at 20w, and my obs said that my next scan as such will be at 34w to see if my placenta has moved. I am seeing him again at 24w, so maybe they just check for heart rate with a doppler, i am not sure, but i would love another scan... just to check measurements, and also to see my little one again..

I will get one late in pregnancy to check her size and condition due to GD...but I think if everything is normal as others have said the 18/19 week one is usually the last.

Lorin Guest

Thanks girls. I was just curouse when next one really is so in the 3rd Trimester then.

Megan - Thanks but its Ok i was just curious whether they do anotehr or not, I can wait as long as my result comes back Ok and bubs starts moving so i know its still kicking then i will beleive its doing good, But Thank you so much for your information, sounds very interesting.

Lorin Guest

Oh and my 18 week ultrasound ws at Treetops Plaza in Burleigh Waters. I rang aroudn to heaps and heaps of places but no one was taking patients on ShareCare which is what i am on so i went to this place, which it isnt bad but it doesnt have alot of facilities, like you can't take a tape in to tape the session or they dont do 3D Shots or anything just the normal pictures.

I was quite lucky with scans. I got my dating scan @ 8 weeks, then my 12 week scan and 20 week morphology scan. Because I was involved in a research program I also got a 24 week growth scan and then I booked my own 3D/4D ultrasound (which was amazing!). Then only last week I got another scan as they were concerned about Em's growth. So I had a pretty good run in comparison to the 2 scans I know alot of people get!

Lorin you won't generally even get another one in 3rd trimester unless there is a medical reason

Quote Originally Posted by Lorin
    I have just had my 18 week scan, i was a little dissapointed didnt get to see much of bubs as the lady who was doing ultrasound was there to do her job and not let us check ou bubs at 18 weeks. Any how i was wondering when next ultrasound is????

Thanks Girlies
    Hi Lorin,
    when i was pregnant wth my 1st daughter evry month (evry 4 weeks) i got USG, that when i was in overseas (Jakarta)

Now in Melbourne i'm at 21 preg i've only had 2 USG (8 and 12 weeks). My doc in Indonesia ever told me that its up to me to have USG as long as not more than 400 times! He said its better to have USG the normal one instead of 3D one cos the 3D has more stronger radiation except the bub at more than 30 weeks.

In Melbourne my doc didnt say anything about USG impact he just tell me when i will have USG (maybe bcos I ever had before).
    I want to have it evry month but my doc here told me its not really neccessary to do that (its bulk billed here hehehe). I will have my USG in next 2 weeks from now or about at 23 week of my preg.

Hope its helping as a thought, good luck

Sorry Lorin as Jaspen said you won't have another ultrasound at all unless there is a medical reason for it.

Bon

tams Guest

i know i need to worry about my gp when he told me i didnt get my next scan til 28 wks! im only 16 weeks now! how scary is it that he is in charge of my health, i need another gp grrr im sick of trying to find a good one, i think Brisbane is full of useless doctors, maybe mine is another like that dr pattel haha any northside ladies know of a good gp that actually cares?

Lorin Guest

Hmm im sure you r meant to have it around 18 to 20 weeks, not 28 weeks. Maybe you should ring hosital you are going or the u/s clinic you would usually have it at and ask them when its usually done