Thread: Don't feel pregnant??

Default Don't feel pregnant??

Hi there!
    well just started 2nd trimester which is very exciting! No more morning sickness! It literally stopped on week 12! Anyway now I don't feel as pregnant if that makes sense? I know I worry over little things but it was kind of good having that obvious sign that things were going okay. My 12 week scan was ace and I've shown the photos to everyone!

Did anyone else feel this way? I guess I still have very minor symptoms like weeing more and eating more often but they're smaller meals. Any thoughts??

Hi Jordie,

The same thing happened to me. After about week 13, my morning sickness was gone. I didn't really feel pregnant either until I started to look pregnant which came abit later on. I used to be sad in a way that it had disappeared because it was reassuring to have those symptoms. Don't worry, soon you will be showing and then feeling bubs kick and you will be glad morning sickness is behind you

Hey Jordie

I was the same.. morning sickness pretty much went away at 13wks and I started feeling normal again and could do normal every day things! I think it was the little things that reminded me that I was still pg - the growing tummy, feeling sick if I dont eat anything, going to loo all the time and the pain my feet gave me when I was on them for too long!!

Enjoy it, second trimester is meant to be the best time of pregnany.

Quote Originally Posted by JordieC View Post
    Hi there!
    well just started 2nd trimester which is very exciting! No more morning sickness! It literally stopped on week 12! Anyway now I don't feel as pregnant if that makes sense? I know I worry over little things but it was kind of good having that obvious sign that things were going okay. My 12 week scan was ace and I've shown the photos to everyone!

Did anyone else feel this way? I guess I still have very minor symptoms like weeing more and eating more often but they're smaller meals. Any thoughts??
    Totally understand how your feeling. I too went through the same at around 14 weeks when the nausea eased, and no one could see I was pregnant, I had more energy.

Still at 18 weeks no one can really notice as I already have extra fat around my tummy, and I don't feel kicks or anything major. But I do hear the heartbeat when I see my dr this reassures me that bubba is growing. I also now can lay and feel my belly.

Having been there before I know that before too long I will be laying awake in bed feeling the antics of the bubba inside....and I will eventually become the human buddha belly rubbing machine. (trust me when you have a belly everyone will want to touch it!! Even people you barely know)

So lap it up before to long it'll all start emerging very fast.

Jac

pint Guest

I didn't have much morning sickness, that I can remember but in my first trimester, we were travelling so I blamed it on jetlagged.

I too don't feel "pregnant", though it is hard not to notice my belly/basketball, and the inability to bend. And accidently open a door not wide enough for me to fit.
    Everyone is different.
    But I know is to keep the fluid up, cos it makes a difference to the way I feel

I was exactly the same especially between my 12 week scan and my midwifes appointment at 16 weeks. I remember feeling really relieved to hear the heartbeat at 16 weeks. They must be the hardest weeks when you don't feel anything going on. And then soon after you will feel little movements and from then on you will be reminded every day!

I barely felt any different to normal during 2nd trimester. I felt very unpregnant for a couple of months.

Bess Guest

I know they say the 2nd timester is the best, but I find it really stressful! I don't look or feel pregnant with the nausea gone and my stomach only really a pot belly. I can't really feel the baby move and any of those "flutter" feelings, I am not entirely sure if it's just wind.

I can't wait until my stomach "pops" or I can feel a kick so I know everything is okay in there! I panic between every doctor's appointment that everything is good.....come on bub, give us a kick!

I know pregnant women get annoyed with people touching their belly, but I am actually looking forward to looking pregnant enough that people feel they can do it!