Thread: Is everything ok??? worried

Default Is everything ok??? worried

Hi All,

I've just made it into the second trimester. I am 14.5 weeks and I have noticed my symptoms are disappearing and I'm just wondering if this is ok? I have an ob appt on Wednesday, but that can't come quick enough.

My boobs seems to be less sore, I am getting up less in the night to wee, and the belly I thought I was getting seems to be getting smaller. My morning sickness is slowly going, which I know it should be, but I still get a bit of cramping and pains at times. I took my temp yesterday and it was low, but not sure if it was working properly.

I have had a missed miscarriage before so that is why I am always worried that something has gone wrong.

Does all this seem ok? Thanks for any advice
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CatherineL Guest

I'm no professional - but i think that your fine. I was frantic when i lost all my symptoms at 10 weeks, but i had a blood test to check my hormone lvls were still going up and they were. I also had my scan last week and everything was great! I still get that cramp/pain every now and again - i think that's probably ligaments stretching. And the tummy you probably thought you had, was probably just bowel distention.. i'm told that we will probably notice a proper little tummy at about 16 weeks.. i'm doubtful cause my tummy is still flat as before i fell pg. If you really feel there is something really wrong - book in with your GP or see if you can reschedule your appointment with Ob earlier?

I'm sure everything is fine.. fingers crossed for you!

My symptoms also began to disappear around the same time, and I actually started to feel normal again! I was bloated early on, which disappeared and my belly felt smaller. If youre worried, why not call or visit your GP or someone?

I'm sure everything is fine and like the girls have said, you've just reached that point where your symptoms do change (don't worry - you'll get new ones!!!). Having said that, there is probably nothing that will reassure you after having a missed m/c (I know nothing reassured me). Go to your dr and ask for a scan just so you can get the confirmation you need that your bubs is fine - then you can relax and enjoy it!!

Its been the same for me as well, and I must admit it was worrying me a bit. When you go from feeling absolutely horrible throwing up every day to feeling nothing it is strange. However I am sure that everything is fine!

Hey Stillhoping,

I'm sure everything is absolutely fine...

I actually found the weeks between 13-17 the most difficult so far...mainly because all my symptoms disappeared (or only turned up occasionally) and there were no other signs that I was pregnant...my belly also got smaller and I didn't really feel real movements til about 18 weeks...

Now I'm nearly 23 weeks...and I don't worry anymore...new symptoms have arrived (mmmm...love that heartburn!) and the belly has definitely grown...I also feel kicks...

So hang in there...the sonographer I saw at 12 weeks gave me great advice...he said to relook at our 12 week scan and see how much the baby is moving without me feeling it at all...that really helped...

Take care!

thanks everyone you have made me feel better. I will try and relax till Wednesday, and then fingers crossed it will be all good news and I will believe that there will be baby at the end.....

it's very normal to lose many of the symptoms in second tri...I worried heaps though at the time as well and ended up getting a scan.

I'm absolutely sure you will be fine as well. Like Monnie said, often the time when your symtpoms go and before you feel the first movements can be the most stressful time of the whole pregnancy! It's funny to think we feel better when we have the sore boobs and morning sickness.

Take care and I'm sure you're bubba is swimming around in there, probably enjoying mumma feeling physically better

Hi Stillhopping
    It is common for your symptoms to lessen or even go away in second trimester.
    But don't worry..................They will be back soon

LizzysMum Guest

I am also 14.5 weeks and was feeling exactly the same. Thanks for this thread to reassure us

Mine disappeared last week except still have a screwy digestve system but its getting better. It went away the day before my NT Scan so least I got to see bubs was still alive and kicking! Dw everyone assures me new symptoms will come and be even better than m/s lol enjoy the break!

My symptoms also disappeared at around week 13-14. I found this very hard to adapt to also. Why don't you find a doctor who had a doppler or even your obstetrician if you are worried. I used to go to my GP when I was really worried and hearing the heartbeat on the doppler would make me feel so much better.

my m/sickness and fatigue stopped around 12 weeks - thankfully!!! I never had most of the symptoms like sore BBs etc and my tummy is just growing now - i was also quite worried as it was like it was all going backwards but my OB said to be grateful and enjoy!!! Must say i have had a little bit of heartburn the last few days but aside from that and the odd pain here and there dont feel much!

I went to the GP at 13 weeks but he said there was only a 50% chance of hearing the heartbeat and if he couldn't find it it would worry me more. Anyway I'm off to the Ob tomorrow and wont leave without seeing or hearing bubs.....i get so nervous before appts or scans these days. I'm too much of a pessimist. I should look forward to them shouldn't I?

thanks everyone for your replies and as I have been told, you will never stop worrying about your baby, before, during and after birth.....