Thread: fainting and dodgy urine

Default fainting and dodgy urine

Hi everyone ive come to pick your brains. I have had two fainting spells one of them today. I went to the local hospital and they checked heartbeat of bubby and blood pressure but urine showed sugar+++ keytones++ and protein + went to a Dr in the town I work at and he said not to be concerned and its probably a form of migrane. (What The) anywho just wanted to know if this is normal in pregnancy or should I be concerned and go and see my FS again?????

In one of my baby books it says that increased sugar in the urine and increased keytones in the urine together can mean gestational diabetes.
    I had high-ish protein in my urine when I had an infection in my bladder, but I know it can mean other things in pregnancy as well. Are you attending antenatal appointments at a hospital? A GP might not know all that much about certain illnesses in pregnancy, best to chat with your midwife or the Ob, IMO they're the experts as they see pregnant woman every day so they'd know when to be worried and what it can all mean.

thanks leisha Im on antibiotics for a bldder infection atm so maybe thats the problem. Thanks Ive emailed my FS so Ill wait to here from him.

Leasha's right, sugar and ketones in the urine can be a sign of GD so its important to get that investigated.

As far as the protein goes, it can be a sign of pre-eclampsia. Another sign of PE is high blood pressure. Your fainting could be a sign of a blood pressure problem (although fainting is usually from low blood pressure).

All in all, I think you need to get checked out properly by an OB to rule out any problems. I'm sure everything will be fine but you don't want to endanger yourself or bub.

Good luck:goodluck2:

Your totally right I will get it looked at just to be safe

I agree with what has been said. You need to get this checked