Thread: Fake Tan

Default Fake Tan

Hi girls,

I know this has been asked before but i think that discussion focussed on the 1st tri - just wondering if anyone knows if its safe to get a spray tan in the 2nd tri??

ta

I wouldnt do it babe...you never know

pint Guest

I don't know much about tans other than it is full of chemicals.

For the baby's sake, please don't.

OK - then I wont We have a wedding to go to soon and there will be lots of people there I havent seen for years and thought id glam it up a bit, but ill have to go with my bronzing powder instead!

thanks gals,
    Lisa

goldilocks Guest

Lisa, I think the biggest risk with spray on fake tans is that you will inevitably inhale some of the spray which can't be healthy for you or the bub, hence people telling you it's a big no-no.

I use the Johnsons Holidays Skin which is a moisturiser with a small amount of fake tan in it...a couple of coats will give you a very healthy glow. As you know, our bub is perfectly healthy so I would recommend it!

Love
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

Bess Guest

Just to give a thumbs up to Johnsons Holiday Skin......I used this instead of getting a spray tan for our wedding (even though I wasn't pregnant I didn't want to look like an Umpa lumpa and being really pale I do have this tendency).

It worked really well - give it a few days to build up. I was like Casper so it only really took only two coats. Sounds like it's much better than getting all of those nasty chemicals on you. Besides, I don't know if your skin, like your hair, will react differently to the colours so using something a bit more gentle than you can control the depth of colour a bit more may be better.

Oh goody - ive got some of that Holiday Skin at home, and wasnt sure if it was safe either! Will give it a go.

Bess - i looked down at my bbs before and I swear they look like casper's tiwns LOL!! My arms / face are ok its just my legs and chest that need a bit more colour.

Thanks again girls,
    Lisa

I had a spray tan done. I asked the lady doing the tan if it was safe and she rang the tan company to check. I wore a mask over my face and nose to try and avoid to much chemical inhalation.

Ozstar - how many wks were you when you had yours done?

the other thing to consider too...is if you have a reaction to it

I was about 12 weeks from memory (memory is shot at the moment though lol).

thanks ladies for your words of wisdom! I will try the Johnsons thing this week to see how it works, then it will give me a few weeks to decide if i want to do it for this wedding.

Hi,

I do mobile spray tanning as an evening job and have checked with my supplier plus done other research. The solution is sugar based and only reacts with your top layer of (dead skin) cells, it doesn't enter your blood stream so there are no more dangers to having a spray tan than to using shampoo, body lotions, fake tan creams etc. If you don't wish to inhale it then I think a mask is definitely a good idea. If you get one that is a natural based solution there should be no reactions to your skin. But i would always have a trial anyway to see if you like the colour.

I had a spray tan done for my wedding...and i was 21 weeks pregnant at the time. My DD turned out fine... and i was fine with it, no reactions or any thing. The lady who done it was also pregnant at the time...round 34 weeks....so it couldnt have been to bad??

You will ALWAYS get different opinions to this one! I am addicted to spray tans.
    I asked where I go to get tanned and was told it is all natural so it is fine. Then I have a client who is a beautician and she said she personally wouldn't have a spray tan when pregnant. So who knows. I think if it's not a weekly occurance it is fine.

I don't think its a problem - my doc isn't worried about it and I certainly would have one (if there was a reason for me to!) But in the end you have to do whatever you can be happy with, so even if you have the tiniest little doubt, I'd say avaoid it for your own peace of mind