Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feeling baby move

Default feeling baby move

How far along were you when you felt your baby's first movements (with your first pregnancy)??

What did it feel like and did you feel it in a cetain part of your uterus?

Just want to know what to look out for

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, I felt my first movement at around 15 weeks and then nothing at all until 19 weeks. Weeks 19 & 20 I felt alot of movement but since then, things have been quieter with movements only a couple of times a day. It's different for everyone but for me the first movement felt like someone tickling me, movements since then have felt like butterflies in my stomach, a sense of feeling winded, pressure on my stomach and just little touches, lol. Each movement is different and always unexpected. I have just started to have my baby kick my bladder, which gives me a sudden urge to go to the toilet, lol. I hope this helps a little bit.

Sharon

I was 17weeks when I was pregnant with Kameron. I remember saying about it at work and I wasn't really sure, then when I had a u/sound the next week I felt the same movement during the u/sound at the same time Kameron kicked, so that confirmed it.

With Lachlan I was 15wks (day of Kams 2nd birthday party)

Love

Just before 16 weeks. It was quite a distinct feeling, like someone was tickling me on the inside LOL!

About 15 weeks with all of mine, felt a bit like butterflies or someone poking you gentley then it's not so gentle as you go along in the PG.

I felt Aidyn move for sure at about 19 weeks, but there were moments in the few weeks before that where I suspected that I could feel him. It was sort of like a little bubbling or fluttering movement...

The first huge movement I felt from him was at about 22 weeks, I was asleep in bed having the most horrible nightmare (you know the ones where you are paralysed?) and then I felt this big kick inside me and it woke me up... I thought it was really cool that he saved me from my nightmare, LOL

i felt the first movements at 20 1/2 weeks. they were kicks, not bubbles like a lot of women feel, i guess i missed the bubbles.

Melinda Guest

For me, it was when I was 13w. It felt like a bubbly sensation. When I saw my OB at 14w, he asked me if I had felt movement yet and when I described this bubbly sensation, he said that it was most definitely the baby that I could feel!!

Sal Guest

I felt something like little bubbles low in my tummy when I was 14w, always at night when I was lying on my side. I felt them about 4 times. I didn't feel movement until 19w, and then it just felt like wind, but a bit tickly, I still wouldn't have sworn it was the bub. I felt proper movement at 20 and a half weeks, again a bit like wind, but a bit 'lurchy' if that makes sense.

with my first it was 13 weeks and it just felt like bubbles busting in your tummy wierd with my 2nd i can't remember exactly but i think it was around the same time

I'm yet to feel anything an dI am 22 weeks :mad: I haev an anterior placenta though where the placenta is at the front, cushioning movement.
    It's getting frustrating though, as I want to know the baby is ok and movement is a nice reassurance!

Hey there Apple

You can look at it this way - at least you don't have the little muchkin kicking you in the bladder and making you want to wee all the time....sometimes it feels like it's going to kick it's little foot right out of my privates down below 8-[

Somthing for you to look forward too - I'm sure you'll get the movements soon enough

dianna

Apple - I am sure you will start to feel movement soon. As you would have read in feb belly buddies my first proper kicks didn't happen until last Friday when I was 22weeks and 1 day. If you haven' alfready tried it lay down & eat icecream or have a really cold drink . . . . that seems to be what got my little one kicking

Wilson Guest

i felt something at around 16 and a bit weeks kind of bubbling i guess i thought it might be kicks but it became definate at about 18 weeks definate little poky bubbles quite low down below my belly button.

its a great feeling

angel_eyes Guest

I felt bubs for the first time at 13 weks or so - didn't feel it again for a while after that.

Now I feel he/she every day.

Thanks Serena and Dianna - little update - I felt our bubs move last night and this morning!! Such a relief to feel it move. I love it!!! Thanks guys.

That's great news Emma ~ you must be over the moon

I can't believe how widely it varies!

This is my first and I felt 'bubbles' under my belly button just before 16 weeks, but wasn't sure. Then, bang on 16 weeks I felt them a lot more when I was kind of lying back in the evening. I have been feeling them pretty frequently since, mainly in the evening when I'm lying back in the recliner or on the bed. Also, one night I got a few sharp jabs in the bladder that went away when I rolled onto the other side. Not painful - but a bit uncomfortable!

I read that if you lie down and have eaten not long before that is the most likely time to feel the baby.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast