Thread: Feeling fat and frumpy!!!

Elenaj Guest

Question Feeling fat and frumpy!!!

Hi all! 20 weeks now, the last few weeks the belly has just been growing and growing and the fat, frumpy look is creeping in
    Any tips for feeling good about myself, as all i seem to do is think about how unnattractive i must be to my partner.
    Want to be able to stop moaning all the bloody time too but but there seems so much to complain about

Hi ElenaJ- im feeling fat frumpy too 17 weeks preg with twins and already measuring more than 24 weeks... I want to be happy, and I AM ecstatic to have twins, i just wish i felt better about myself. The clothes is a major thing i think. There just arent that many shops around and its hard to know what to buy online. I had a wax last week and that made me feel better and going to have my hair done next week. I too, would love any hints...???
    Ta, Mel

try a preg massage!! i was feeling really [email protected] at that stage and felt heaps better after one!!

Try wearing dark colours to make the fat and frump seem less, it works for me.
    The hair thing always works too, shame it shouldn't be coloured....

If it's budgetable and something you might like, try buying some of the smock-y type stretchy dresses that have been all in fashion for the last like, aaaages. From experience - i had the "do i look like ive eaten too much cake" feeling until fairly recently, so if you can find those sorts of clothes it really helps, because noone can tell any different.
    If not, get a sticker that says, "im pregnant you judgemental tossers!". Goood luck!!! enjoy the second trimester ladies, it'll fly by before you know it!
    It's perfectly safe to colour your hair in pregnancy, i just wouldn't recommend bleaches or the like, as they're chemical make up is a lot more potent!