Thread: Feeling horrible

Default Feeling horrible

Hey there

Just after anyone's experience/advice.

I'm 24 weeks, had a few problems with BP this pregnancy, had pre-eclampsia in my first pg over 8 years ago.

On Thursday, had my first hospital AN visit. BP was 130/70 (usual for me is 100/55) so still a bit elevated. Due to a mixup, the midwife didn't check for protein. Midwife says if it goes up 20 points either side they would have to look at doing something.

I've woken up with swollen fingers and feet all week. Today I woke up just feeling awful in general. I feel really nauseas and my stomach kind of hurts. Everything that swelled up bad last night has stayed that way when I woke up this morning, I can hardly bear to put weight on my feet. It's hot, around 28 degrees, so it could be that.

I'm just in general feeling really unwell to the point of tears, that is unusual for me.

Anyone else experiencing this? Could this, particularly the nausea, mean BP is still high or going higher, or due to just the 28 degrees or just a virus or something?

I'm only just over 24 weeks, so I'm not freaking about that it could be PE signs, even though it's very much like before, just because it's so early. PE onsetted at 32 weeks in first pg, and I was hospitialized from 34 weeks till induction at 37 weeks.

I don't know, I just feel really blek

Tara

Where exactly is the pain in your tummy?
    Is it a sharp pain?
    Do you have a headache?
    Is your vision OK? (no spots blurring)
    Do you have a temp.?

Hey thanks Caro, that's very good to know. The BP reading in itself isn't a worry, it was 130/85 at 22 weeks, so I was relieved it had gone down. But the midwife told me they've got to keep an eye on it. Thanks for the info

Hey Alan,
    It hurts under my ribs on both sides, kind of like really sever indigestion. I have tried eating small things all day but it gets worse with eating.

No it's not sharp or severe, just hurts.

I had a migraine yesterday that I had had for 3 days, I took panadeine forte last night and no headache or migraine today.

My vision is a bit blurry, but my face is a bit swollen, so that is what usually happens when my face is swollen. I'm pretty sure the swelling is due to the heat which I'm feeling mroe than usual today. Usually under 30 doesn't bother me.

I don't have a thermometer, but I don't feel like I've got a temp.

The nausea isn't like I'm about to throw up or anything, I just feel really sick and churny.

Like I said above I'm not too worried about the BP reading, it was 130/85 2 weeks prior so it's good news it's going down. I'm jsut wondering if this nausea would be related. And the tiredness, I have slept most of the day and went to bed very early last night.

Tara

Because your BP is quite a bit higher than when you are not pregnant it needs watching. Pain just below the ribs is a sign of PE as is blurred vision and headaches. If you still have these symptoms tomorrow I suggest that you go and get checked out. Also make sure they check your urine for protein

Hey Alan,

I will keep an eye on it, I hope it doesn't come to that though. I thought the pain under the ribs was only bad if it was one-sided?

Is it normal for them to check protein this early? The midwife didn't worry I think because it had been checked two weeks prior and come baCK as only a TRACE.

And is nausea any symptom of this? I'm just hoping that there is a reason for the nausea as I have a bad fear of listeria and I ate canned fish that had been in the fridge for longer than 24 hours after opening the other day as my pregnant brain didn't even think of it.

Thankyou heaps for your advice, I really appreciate it.

Because of your BP I would be a little suspicious of any pain under the ribs. Also because of your BP I would take a urine test. Nausea can be a symptom. I would not consider your symptoms to mean that you have PE but, with your symptoms, I would want to make sure that you donít have it. One thing in your favour is that it would be quite un usual o get PE so early, also research has shown that if you have PE with your first pregnancy you have a reduce chance of getting it with your second pregnancy

Thanks Alan, I 've had a lot of stress over the last few weeks so I think the elevated BP is all to do with that. Like you said, I didn't think PE was common this early and that's why I wasn't rushing off anywhere just yet.

I really appreciate you taking the time to advise me on this. I'm feeling a little better now so I'm going to try and attempt some potato

Thanks very much again

Your welcome
    If you need any more advice just ask

PE is more common in first pregnancy. You can get it in 2nd pregnancy but you are much less likely to. Not sure what the statistics are but I could try to find out for you if you need them

Tara i would go and get checked out. I've had PE tiwce and was watched very carefully with my last pregnancy as i showed signs at 26wks of getting PE for a 3rd time.

I was told you can get it early in other pregnancies.