Thread: "Feeling pregnant"

Question "Feeling pregnant"

Hi everyone,

I am 13 weeks tomorrow and after the 12 week mark have felt the nausea and sickness drop off completely, like a switch was flipped off. I found this really weird. Apart from feeling really tired and eating more, I have so many doubts about the fact that I am actually pregnant. I've had a m/c once before and this is messing with my head. My nipples are still large, if something were amiss would this disappear completely? Do any of you feel preganant? What are your signals? I know it sounds so stupid!

Sweetpeajan I am 17 weeks and don't really feel pregnant except for a growing belly. The beginning is always hard as there are no obvious symptoms except for the reassurance of scans etc. In the
    1st 8 weeks I was going for regular blood checks to make sure my hormone levels were rising because like you I have also had a previous m/c. Now all I want to feel are those fluttering movements which I haven't felt yet. The 1st thing my OB always does when I see him is do a heartbeat check because he knows how paranoid I am. I understand how you are feeling but you just have to believe that everything is going fine.

Love Linda

I had bad M/S until a few weeks ago and now it's gone I sometimes forget I'm pregnant. I worry sometimes but I just remind myself that the chances of anything going wrong at this stage are really low and the chances of something going wrong and me not knowing about it are even lower. However, if you are really worried just call your Dr or pop in and see her. I can't wait til the movements start (when I'm sure I will just worry about how many movements I'm feeling!)

hi sweetpeajan;
    I am 25 weeks, and the only things that remind me that I am pregnant are the baby kicking, my big belly, tiredness and hip pain... the hip pain has only just really started... besides that... there are times when I am relaxed that I don't feel pregnant... just really fat!!! lol

Besides the nausea and tiredness, earlier on, I would have forgotten I was pregnant.

I dont particularly feel pregnant, i just know that there is something in there because my belly is getting bigger and my nipples and bbs are huge!!!
    I think I will feel much more pregnant when baby starts kicking and I can feel it.

I have to say that for the most of my pregnancy, I have seriously questioned if I am in fact pregnant! I occasionally get a sore back or (more recently) hip or I'll feel Bubbles move - other than that - nothing! I've coped with my concerns by keeping busy. Very busy. Hang in there - I am sure everything is fine!

MG

I was not 100% convinced that I had anything but amenoria until I had an US at emergency last week when I had a bad stomach flu with fever and throwing up (wanted to check all was OK)...since then I've caught myself fondly rubbing my tummy many times a day...I think the subconscious does a lot for you!!

In the last few days I've been able to feel movements and got a big one this morning and that's really helped it for me. I only have a firm swelling to my lower tummy as yet so I don't look so outwardly pregnant but I'm really 'connecting' with my tummy psychologicaly. Don't stress about it. You're a fair way in now and it'll be no time before you won't be able to ignore the fact you're pregnant!

I didn't "feel" pregnant at all until I had sciatica... I wouldn't wish anyone to feel pregnant if that's what you have to go through! I still don't feel pregnant and I'm 6 months gone now; still leaping around, doing everything, getting a bit of a shock when I see a huge lump of bump in the mirror! The movements and colostrum help a lot, but I'm still not putting two and two together with those and have just gotten used to them, like I've had them forever.

I had 24 hour nausea up until 13 weeks - then bam, all gone. no more fatigue, no nausea, could eat again. Seriously forgot i was pregnant. Nipples remained though and breasts were still tender (although that has now gone). Got subtle reminders at about 16 weeks when i started to feel baby kicking occasionally and i got a little bump, now i still feel normal but have very frequent kicks which certainly reminds me and some horrible ligament pain that is causing a few issues with work. It is a weird feeling to go from being so sick to feeling normal again but this is also normal!

Cool

Oh thank goodness - I was just telling a g/friend that my m/s has finished and she went "YAY!" to which I replied "I'm now freaking cause I don't feel pregnant".

So tonight I went and made an announcement @ SES

Still don't feel it though. But glad it's not just me feeling like this ... lost ...

I was soooo sick until about 12 or so weeks and didnt really feel pregnant then.. I feel pregnant now because my belly is really hard and not squishy! I am also feeling baby kick me lots so that also makes me feel pregnant obviously. Also have problems bending over, like something is in the way! I've recently popped too, so my pants no longer fit.
    Last edited by Karina; November 4th, 2006 at 07:34 PM. Reason: correcting typos

I havent really felt Pregnant the whole pregnancy. Sometimes i am like "oh yeah thats right im preg" when the baby kicks me! Or when i go to sleep on my tummy, a big NO NO, and when i get breathless running after DS. I didnt really get MS but i am constantly tired!! Lets hope T3 brings on the energy!!

Right from day 1 i knew and felt pregnant, and it has never gone away.....

With m/s up until 19-20 weeks and then everything from then on in, has just seemed to get 'worse'.

Wait til you get to 30-35 weeks and you will be quickly reminded just how pregnant you are