Thread: Feeling of pressure

Default Feeling of pressure

Hello all

I am about 15 weeks pregnant and this is my third pregnancy.

I am not quite sure how to describe my question, but over the past 24 - 48 hours I have had a feeling of pressure between my legs kind of like everything is going to fall out! Its a bit like the feeling I had much later in my previous pregnancies (like nearly full term) where the baby is pressing down and is almost ready to commence labour. I have had a bit of pain/cramping during this time and I am not sure if I should be getting it checked out. What do people think?

Thanks
    Jem

Hi Jem
    It is a little unusual to feel the pressure at 15 weeks however this is your pregnancy and it is common for this feeling to arrive earlier after you have ha a couple of births. If the pain is not constant or regular then I donít think you need to dash of and get checked out now. But I would mention your feelings at your next visit. You could also give the hospital a call and talk to one of the midwives.

Thanks Alan

I googled my symptoms and incompetent cervix came up so I started to get all worried. Sometimes too much info is a danger!!! Its almost a feeling like everything is going to fall out!! LOL TMI. But do you think that this could be that my youngest is only 8 months old so it wasnt all that long ago that my body went through this so everything is already loose!!

Thanks

Jem
    That Google can be a very scary place. I think you are right, everything is probably still loose.

Just another google inspired question - is an incompetent cervix something that you always have or is it something you can develop? I ask this as my two previous pregnancies and births were fairly text book so there is no history of this condition, so I wondered if you can develop it at any time? This feeling of pressure seems to be getting worse so I am stressing more.
    Thanks
    Jem

Jem
    Good question. And I'm not sure of the answer. I do know that some women have always ha and always will have an incompetent cervix but I'm not sure if you can develope one. Hopefully someone on the forum will know. But I will see what I can find out

Thanks Alan.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Jem, I had a really really bad groin ache/falling out feeling for 6 months after giving birth to DS 1 and again had that almost falling out feeling/breaking pubic bone feeling towards the end of my pregnancy with DS2. When I spoke to my Obs about it, he said that the ache and pelvic pain/pressure usually gets worse with each pregnancy, so I am feeling for you hun, and I am sure it won't be too long before I am joining you!