Thread: Feeling sick - 2nd Trimester

fidaly Guest

Default Feeling sick - 2nd Trimester

Hi Guys

Just wondering whether anyone has experienced morning sickness or afternoon sickness in Trimester two.

I was very lucky I didn't have any in the first trimester but I seem to be getting it more frequently now. I am 17 weeks, usually worse mid afternoon. Not physically sick just feeling really nausious. Is this normal??

Any cures would be a geat help!!

Thanks

Fiona

Hi Fidaly

Unfortunately for some girls yes it is still quite common. My sickness was usually in the afternoon and even though it seems to have left me now there are a few girls in this forum who are still chucking regularly. I found the best thing to do was not to let myself get hungry. To have small meals frequently seemed to help abit. I know that when you are feeling nausious it is hard to eat but this really does seem to help.

Take care
    Trish

hi Fiona! Have a read up in the monthly thread, some of the girls still have morning sickness there and have been sharing about it!

Good luck!

fidaly Guest

Thank you

I have found eating something helps, I so don't feel like eating though, but certainly helps.

Thanks again

Hi fidaly

I have known girls to have morning sickness and severe right up to the day they gave birth :-s

Love :hbeat:

Fidaly I thought I was the only one!!!!

I didn't get any sickness in 1st tri, but then it started at 15w & I have been spewing most mornings since! I don't feel nauseas though, just need to spew then all is right again. Mostly it's sights for me - left over dinner in a pot from the night before does it just about everytime!

Debbie Lee Guest

Hi Fiona,
    I have both hands up. Sick in 1st and 2nd trimester (and it has been well documented on these forums, hehe)! Although, the m/s has kinda changed over time. From about week 7, I felt nauseous most of the day with a spew every now and then. Probably by about 14 weeks, it turned into proper m/s where I would get up and an hour later be spewing. I tried eating things to stop myself from being sick but then I would just throw them up. Eventually, I resorted to having a very big glass of juice, waiting a while, heaving it all up, then having breaky. Most of the time I would be fine. Only every now and then would I be sick more than once (but boy, was that once a doozy!).
    Since Sunday, I have been feeling great. No spews since Saturday morning and no major nausea (just slight pangs during the day which I can handle). I am hoping and praying that this means the end of m/s at least until I finish work in December.
    It just goes to show how different we all are though. Some have nothing, others are hospitalised! Amazing how pregnancy affects us all.
    I hope you start feeling better soon!

Hi Fiona
    When I was PG my nausea lasted well into the 2nd tri. And just like you, I never spewed, just felt really, really sick... and eating was the only thing that helped the nausea disappear.
    Hope it doesn't last too much longer for you...

Melinda Guest

I had m/s from 7w right through to 23w. Well it wasn't m/s so much as all day sickness! I wasn't necessarily vomiting all the time....it was more like continuous nausea! In fact the vomiting didn't start until 11w and it happened maybe 1 -2 times per week and I always felt fine afterwards! I actually wish I HAD of been vomiting everyday just so that I could feel better, rather than have the continuous nausea!!

Tootie,i so know how you feel....I have had the nausea,and i just wish i could be sick so it would stop for once!!!
    I just hate going around feeling like im gonna be sick all the time!!!