Thread: Fetal movement and a full bladder..

CatherineL Guest

Question Fetal movement and a full bladder..

Good morning ladies,

Might be a really stupid question.. But is it comman to feel fetal movement when you bladder isn't empty?

I know i'm only in early stages of pregnancy, and i have felt strange things inside my tummy before now which could have been any number of things.. But last night i was laying on the sofa with a pillow over my tummy and i could feel nonstop movement for ages.. idk if it was my organs or whether it was bub! My bladder was fullish, but i wasn't busting to pee.. i was just being a bit lazy! Even when i layed down to go to bed i still felt the same feelings in my tummy.

I woke this morning my tummy was lop sided (which happened a few mornings ago also).. again i wasn't absolutely busting as i got up a number of times through the night to use the loo.. but i could feel the same strange movements and feelings in my tummy! I can only feel the funny feelings when i lay down.. and i can't really describe the feelings.. Is this bub jumping on my bladder or something funky happening to my organs? And the whole freaky alien lop sided tummy thing, is it my bladder protruding?

Thought i might just add.. my tummy is still flat - no baby bump...
    Last edited by CatherineL; April 26th, 2007 at 10:23 AM.

becmc Guest

I find that when my bladder is more full, that the movements are even more obvious! Sometimes downright painful when I am bursting to go to the loo!

CatherineL Guest

Thanks Becmac, Your quite abit further than me though.. My baby is only 11cm from crown to rump.. so perhaps it's just gas or other organs playing tricks on me.

Catherine,

It could well be the first 'flutters' which is your bub moving around in there. She has lots of room so she is swishing about a fair bit, and if it feels like gas, then its most probably baby doing her thing.

Its very exciting, just wait til she kicks. I only started feeling real kicks about two weeks ago, but the flutters started early on.

Enjoy!

CatherineL Guest

Thanks Lisa.. yeah definately not feeling kicks yet unfortuantely.. but can't wait till i do! The lopsidedness just confusses me, it really feels alien like!! lol..

Dont worry too much Cath, its all part of being pg! Everythign is moving and shifting to make room for your growing uterus. All your organs move out of their original space - my OB reminds me of that every visit!

CatherineL Guest

Lol - thank you Lisa! I guess i really don't think about all that other stuff.. i'm just expecting her to hurry and grow to give mummy a tummy finally