Thread: Finally in the 2nd Trimester

I live in a small country town in NSW called Hay. Very remote and very quiet lol

Default Finally in the 2nd Trimester

It's a fantastic feeling to make it to the second trimester of my pregnancy.

Yesterday i had my 12 week scan and everything went really well, the babies measurements are all within normal range which is great news.

After my ultrasound i had an appointment with my OB who is pleased with my progress, however it looks like i have to look around for a maternity unit that will take me on for the birth of my baby due to my weight it's very frustrating !!! My OB told me she had a patient who weighed 170kg and the local maternity unit wouldn't take her on for the delivery of her child in case she needed a ceaser. I weigh 150kg. Does anyone know what i can do here ??? I am confused and don't know what to do even though my OB is very helpful and she is going to call around to see who will accept me, i feel like i am on the outer, but i also understand that they are also thinking of the welfare of me and my baby.

JUST SO CONFUSING !!!

Congratulations on reaching trimester 2!

As far as the hospital thing goes, I am pretty sure that a lot of hospitals 9especially smaller ones in rural areas) classify an overweight mother as a high risk pregnancy and since they do not have the facilities to deal with high risk pregnancies they will jot deliver the bubs. I have heard of this before, but dont have any personal experience sorry. Good luck with everything though, at least you have a helpful OB.