Thread: Finally..

Wink Finally..

I have finally made it to my second trimester. With alot of date changes etc i didnt really know when to post, BUT i can now!! woohoo!
    Lets take the stress of making it to 2nd tri, and bring on all the fun stuff, like the kicks to the ribs, not being able to sleep coz belly too big, the 'waddle' and the 19 week morph scan!!
    woohoo

You forgot one.
    Strangers touching your belly without asking

LOL oops i did! thanks for adding that Alan!!

Welcome to the 2nd trimester Jen!
    I agree with Alan, strangers randomly touching your belly without asking is VERY annoying.

Woohoo Scorpio!!!

Nice to be here isn't it! Feels like it has been a long haul only a few more weeks and we will be half way through!

Congrats again

Rachelle

Yay! Welcome to the club!

Haha, yeah I think if any weirdos try to touch my stomach, their face is going to meet Mr Right Fist... haha

welcome to your 2nd trimester.

Thanks everyone! I dont let ppl get too close to my belly, i am rather sensitive to it... I love DF, touching my belly, but no one else. I get rather annoyed rather quickly! hehe.
    Soon i will be complaining that im being kicked all the time, BUT just quietly, I LOVE IT!!

oh and dont forget people that have already had kids will know everything and will tell u stuff over and over and most people will try to tell u that somethign will happen to u just because it happened to them.

Congratulations on reaching the second trimester, all the best for the remainder of your PG.

I'm only just getting my belly and would like some advice on how you politely stop strangers from touching your belly. I can think of nothing worse and don't know how subtly I will respond... Any tips?

Maybub I hate it - but sadly I don't have any tips on how to stop people from doing it. I have found it people you least expect (like my boss!!??!!) and then they take you by surprise!

Oh puke, if my boss touched my tummy I think I'd karate chop him - oh god I have to accept that he may don't I...!! I'm thinking perhaps about leaving my hands over my belly for the next 20 weeks, or never getting close enough to strangers/bosses/creepy colleagues to allow them into my personal space...

congrat on reaching this milestone!!
    believe me as you get nigger ppl get more touchy, one thign i do is when they come in for the touch si to turn away and say please dont, or cough or something...

haveign said that - some ppl think of youlike a happy buddah - its good luck to rub a preggo tummy!!

i got a rub from a total stranger inchurch - she just walked up - told me that she prays for me then leaned over my shoulder - i was sittign and she was standing behind me - and did the sign of the cross on my belly - very invasive but eh - she was gone after than...

best advice i can think to give you - if you see somebody going for it politely say please dont touch me, or you know what rub their tummy!! thatl stop them!!! ahahahahah

That's great advice Lisa, just honest and non offensive. I think I'll do it that way. I'm having my 20 week scan today, am most excited to see my little bubba and find out if we're having a pink or a blue one. Thanks Lisa.

Hey May!! where ya been?? Good luck today! Missed you in the buddies!
    OOOO how exiting!

Lisa
    I love the idea of rubing their tummy
    lol

I agree with the rubbing their tummy back, or if its someone that makes me feel really uncomfable they get a pretty stern look and I back away. I still don't understand why complete strangers think its acceptable to rub your belly, just because you're pregnant. We all do our best to avoid physical contact with strangers normally - there's no way in the world you would turn to the person standing in the line behind you at the bank, rub their tummy and comment on the weather now is there?? Same goes for people thinking its ok to touch your baby once they're born - another one that drives me nuts.