Thread: first time mum - questions~

Talking first time mum - questions~

Okay, I've been getting this weird sensation in my stomach and have no idea what they are... they kinda make me wanna double ova, and push against the ache with my hand... they comming couple of times a day~

I was reading the BH post down below, but as i have no idea what they feel like i woulnd't know if i am feeeling them...

And the feeling like your ribcage is pushed and shoved in the wrong position this normal???

I think thats all the questions for now _ hehe thats all i can remember at the moment, as im feeling it as we speak... when i feel something else weird be assured ill be back on to ask what it means...
    Thanks,
    Cassblob - 22weeks

Cass
    I've been feeling something similar this week. It is like a big stitch only over the top of my bump under my ribs. It's really ouchy. Hopefully someone knows what it is.

I have had something that sounds similar, and my doctor said it was just the baby kicking or stretching. She suggested to rub it, and the baby will usually move. That has always worked for me. Try that, but if you are really worried see your doctor.

If it's more concentrated in one spot it's probably bubba pushing on you. My darling son used to really push out with his feet and stick his bum out. I am sure I could feel his little toes diging in too. Once he was born he used to do the same stretches and I remember thinking - no wonder that hurt!

If he wouldn't stop I used to poke him back or change positions and more him around

I think it's just everything moving and adjusting. Some of your organs are getting squished up more into your rib cage area, so your ribs get forced apart a bit (like when you take huge breaths) and the intercostal muscles (btn each rib) can get stretched and sore. Your diaphragm can get put under pressure too, causing more ouchiness. I'm now at the point where DS's bum is under one boob and feet under the other, so all the wriggles and stretches he does makes my ribs very sore. Pushing him back 'in' helps as does a warm wheat bag on my back ribs.

Just remembered that SIL had really sharp pains in her lung area and had to be checked out as she has a bad clotting disorder. They did all sorts of tests, including some sort of radioactive check on oxygen movement and concluded that it was just bubs kicking and restricting her breathing.

thankz everyone for responces!!! much appreciated

I experienced this too - it happened when i was in hospital waiting to have charlie ( i had pre-eclampsia so was in for a while) when it happend they would put the monitor on me and it never ever registered as a contraction - so they couldn't explain what it was

Babushka Doll Guest

This exact thing happened to me yesterday - sorry if TMI .. but I was at work going to the loo and i got up off the toilet and felt a strong stabbing pain above my belly button and under my rib cage, it was enough for me to not be able to stand straight for a few minutes, i just bent back over and came up again VERY slowly - the pain went away. Weird.

Hi girls
    Sorry to tell you but you are in for more strange pains in strange places. Your bodies are starting to release a hormone called relaxin. This hormone causes your joints to loosen and your ligaments to stretch. Pain in the lower ribs is very common. This is caused by relaxin and your growing belly. A pain just below your ribs is ok providing that it only lasts a few minutes. If it lasts much longer than this and your BP is a little high then you should get it checked.