Thread: flu shot?

Default flu shot?

hi,

i am sure i have seen this posted here somwhere but cant find it! anyway just wanting to know if anyone has had a flu shot while pg? i am almost 16 weeks and my ob recomended it, but am a little woried it may harm the baby! just wanted to hear from people who have had in the 2nd tri and if everything was ok!

thanks amber

Hi amber, it was the consensus in the last thread that it's ok. We have Emims at work and I looked it up and they said that it's ok, under the advice from a DR. I'm 17 weeks and likely to go and harrass my GP shortly for mine. I'm alone at the moment and can't risk getting really sick.

It is ok yes, my dr said to me however (as I can have adverse reactions to things) that if you havent had it before you may have a bad reaction to it. I don't think many ppl do have bad reactions though.

I just had mine today at 9am. So far so good. Have a bit of joint pain but thats about it. Im currently 17weeks and 3 days pregnant and Ive never had the flu shot before. I made sure I had it this year because last year my husband daughter and I had a really really really bad flu with vomiting, fever, couldnt walk at all and my mum and dad had had the shot and didnt get it from us ( they looked after my daughter who had it at the time too while my husband and I were hospitalised for having this really bad flu).

Also, if you have it every year, they change the flu strains every year so you end up being vaccinated against lots of different flus, not just the one that's going around this year!

i believe it is recommended for pg women. i havent had it before but am thinking of having it this yr as i really dont want to get the flu while i am pg! i think if your OB recommeded you will be fine

That's good to hear that you can have it done. I already have the flu pretty bad and really don't feel like getting it again during my pregnancy. Might look into it in a few weeks when I am better.

thanks girls!
    just had it done today! was going to wait a couple of weeks so i could speak to my ob but decided it must be ok! cause she did tell me to get it! feeling fine just little headache and a sore arm!
    thanks heaps for all your advice! xo

Boomba, good to hear you were able to make a decision and be comfortable with it.

I talked about this with my DR and she was happy whatever I decided (in fact she said it's recommended but if had any doubts remaining then not to get it done - wow a DR that actually believes in the patient's own intuition )! But I have a very strong feeling to get mine done this year so I'll be getting the jab tomorrow!

marydean
    i have been feeling great since having it done no reactions or flu like symptons! as long as your not alergic to eggs or anything else i would recomend getting it! the 2nd dr i spoke to said its better to have the jab then contract the flu as that is more likely to make your baby sick!

good luck with your descision!