Thread: Funny pain?

Default Funny pain?

Does anyone else get strange pains around their abdomen? I'm getting these sort of sharp pains tonight that I haven't had before. It doesn't feel like the normal ligament stretching stuff, and it doesn't hurt when I move one way or another. Just on it's own. Bubs has just given me a couple of big kicks, so I think he's fine, I just want to explain away this discomfort! I did do a fair bit today, on not enough sleep, maybe that's it?

It could be braxton hicks. Does your tummy go hard for a bit and then soft when you get the pains? My BH used to always be quite painful.

sezjm
    It sounds normal to me. I would say ythat it is due to your growing uterus. Also your placenta is increasing production of progesterone and this is one of the things that cause your ligaments to stretch

Thanks guys, it doesn't feel like the BHs I think I've been getting. They are quite painless, my tummy just feels really tight for about 10 seconds. But what would I know LOL! It could be that they're just changing as bubs gets bigger I guess. Gosh you get so many different twinges and pains through pg, normally it doesn't bother me much.

I don't know what's wrong with me tonight, I just feel quite worried! It's so nice to be reassured that it's probably all normal

ETA Okay, it's getting more painful now and I think you might be right Tegan, I think it's just painful (well YKWIM!) BHs. This could be fun for the next 17 or so weeks LOL!

Try having a bath. That should settle them down.