Thread: Hard Lump?

Unhappy Hard Lump?

I have a hard lump I was wondering if it was bubs or something else I'll try and explain where it is..

Just in from my left front hip bone where they press to check your appendix, from there about 5cm wide and goes down to the boney bit just above the start of "girlie bits" so is about 15cm long. It is very uncomfortable to press gently but doesn't hurt exactly, it has a slight pressure sore feeling and my hip itself is killing me.

I been feeling "butterfly" movements but from next to the lump not from the lump, I don't know if this is my digestive system though

Should I go to the hospital or is it just bubs stickin out??

I would say its probably your baby. Leave it for a few days and if it moves then it eas your baby otnerwise go and see your DR/hospital

Is it just the placenta? Or should it move when pressed on? I just thought bubs could float here and there and bob around but if I gently try and press on the side of it (so to see if it would go to the middle and get off my hip!) it just stays there rock solid..

Sorry for the bimbo questions I'm pretty clueless I know!

It is not your placenta. You would not be able to feel your placenta. Bubs can float a little but it could be a leg or an arm or even a head. It is very difficult for me to say for sure without feeling it for myself. Try pressing it a little harder you will not hurt your baby.
    And it is not a bimbo question. You are a young new mum who is concerned about her baby.

PS I love your location

I didn't want to press too hard I was worried I'd crush it's little skull or something. I can't feel it as much today I think it has moved slighly but not too sure my hips not screaming at me though so maybe it's not booting me in the hip anymore lol

Thank you it's how it feels when I drive back from my parents house. I'm actually in Bathurst

Thank you for your assistance I'll see how I go I have a 3 day headache I'm getting really sick of so may go to the dr tomorrow and ask them while I get my head checked lol

Trust me you will not hurt your baby by pushing a little harder. Just think of what happens to them when you give birth

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Trust me you will not hurt your baby by pushing a little harder. Just think of what happens to them when you give birth

LOL i agre there Alan.... their lil heads def get a bit of a squeeze when they are being pushed out!!

Lol yes that's very true I'm just a worry wart *takes to bubs with hammer* lol kidding kidding!! Thank you again I thought I had bowel cancer or something was quite a scare!

Just to let you know quickly, i get the hard bump (the bubba!) often but i find it moves around quite a bit. You can always go to the doctor just to be sure.

CatherineL Guest

I get it too! But it moves around my tummy, and sometimes protrudes more than other times. Sometimes when we touch the bump it moves away to another location!

P.S. I know this might sound a bit mean... but sometimes when i want reassurance she's still Ok in there (i.e. Is in that spot for too long) i shake that 'bump' and then it starts going crazy with movement.

LOL Catherine
    If you started to shake my home I would also go crazy

CatherineL Guest

heh heh.. shucks... i know...

lol just thought of gullivers travels