Thread: havent felt movement

Default havent felt movement

Im 20 weeks and havent felt movement yet. i saw my ob yday and she said that the placenta was anterior ands thats why i havent felt anything yet. but i still feel really paranoid about it. has anyone else only felt movement at a late stage? I had a 19 week scan and all was good with the baby but i just want to feel the bub move

Sarak - you should start feeling movements soon, just wait for your little one to get bigger and stronger!! Because the placenta is anterior it just means that it is cushioning all the baby's movement.

I was told that the placenta is anterior but low lying. I didnt feel anything until around 20wks.

TeganRheana Guest

I didnt feel any movement with my first bub until about 22 weeks.

I started feeling movement around 20 weeks too.

Hi sarak,

My placenta is anterior, & I'm only just starting to feel movement - at least I think it's movement . And I'm nearly 22 weeks. I tend to get more of a dull movement, nothing that really feels like kicks per se. The girls are right - if you're really worried go back to your OB & get it checked again, but I think it's pretty normal for those of us with anterior placentas.

i might wait to still if i feel anything in the next week or so see coz i do feel these weird sensations but not the butterflies everyone talks about. more like a pulling sensation??

perhaps also try the cold water lay down thing. I dont have anterior placenta thing, but, it does work for me, from about 20 weeks on.
    Drink a large glass cold cold water fast as, and lay down. Sometimes, i have something sweet to eat as well. Apparently the combination of the cold water, sugar, and sudden inactivity wakes baby up, so, i like to do it before i go to bed at night.
    DH is only just starting to feel bubs move now.
    Oh, only really had a few 'butterfly' like feelings as well..Most of the feelings i got earlier on where more like 'chuggs', similar to that when you need to go #2, but have been hanging on for ages. KWIM?

You will fill your bsby move within the next two weeks. As others have said you normally feel movements later with an anterior placenta

Sarak,
    It isn't at all uncommon to not feel movements at 20 weeks.

An anterior placenta as the other women have said will cushion the movements of the baby and this does often delay the feeling.
    I have had anterior placentas with a number of my pregnancies and it has always resulted in a delay in feeling movement.
    If you are truly worried - it would definitely be a good thing to pop up to your care provider - they will put a doppler on your belly and I am sure you will hear the reassuring sound of a heart beat.