Thread: Head down at 25 weeks??!!!????

Question Head down at 25 weeks??!!!????

Hi all,

I had an appt with my OB this morning and she said bub is already head down, she said it hasn't engaged yet and didn't seem concerned.
    From being around other preggie girls, 25 weeks seems early to me for bub to be head down?
    Is it normal/safe for bub to turn so early?
    Has anyone else had this happen at 25 weeks or earlier????

Jo

Alexzander was head down at around 26 weeks & stayed that way until he was born at 41+1 weeks. I was worried it meant I would go early, but definitely not the case here!

Hi Jo. I also saw Ob this am. One bubba has head down and in the pelvis. The other one is also head down and head just next to bubba 1. He says that is fine but am going for full scan at u/s place tomorrow He honestly wasnt concerned.
    GL, Mel

Really normal especially if it's your first bub as they tend to go head down and stay down a bit earlier.
    My DD was head down at 20 weeks and stayed for the rest of the pregnancy. Don't worry!

Hi All,

Thankyou all for the replies, I'm feeling much better about it now.
    Sarah - I'm the same, I thought it may mean I would go early, so thanks for the reassurance.
    Tobily - this is my first (probably why I'm so paranoid) so that all makes sense now.

Thanks, Jo

My DD was head down at 25 weeks, and actually engaged at 32 !! I thought i would go early too, but she was a week and a half late. She had actually worn the hair off the top part of her head from being down there so long lol!!!!!

DS was head down from 25 weeks and engaged at 31 which made it quite uncomfortable. He arrived at 39 weeks which was a relief as I couldn't walk properly by then!!

Gosh i was feeling lucky that bub has engaged thinking yes yes yes early baby, but looks as though i'm very wrong! I'm keeping ym hopes up anyway!

Have a happy and healthy rest of pregnancy Jo