Thread: Head spins while sitting down

Default Head spins while sitting down

Hi,

I am 20 weeks 5 days pregnant and the last couple of days i have been getting head spins while sitting down

Just wondering what it could be if it could be blood pressure low or high ??????

what should i do about it.

Meegm, dizziness can be a normal part of pregnancy but you should mention it to your care giver as it could be a sign of something else. It *could* be related to blood pressure changes so definately mention it to your caregiver especially if you have a history of BP issues. If you have any other symptoms like spotted vision or sudden swelling, call your caregiver straight away and run it past them.
    In the meantime, just try and relax and let it pass. Keep movements as slow and as fluid as possible (no jumping about or jerking).

HTH

MG

Hi,

I rang the midwife and she said it was because i hadnt eaten anything except chocolate this morning - so i went and got a sandwich.....

Thanks.

i had similar feelings over christmas. at the same time, lost about 2 kg, and i put it down to not eating enough. (like - who has THAT problem over chrissie!) but, went totaaly off food, and ended up sorta force feeding.

Im feeling better now so it must have been that

The midwife said we need to eat every 2 - 3 hours..

YAY - an advantage of being pregnant - being told to EAT!!!

mum2bee - I went off food at chrissie time too. Wasnt very fun!! All I could do was nibble on stuff and I still am off food, especially at dinner time (when is it going to end?!) But I make sure I try and eat something so I dont get dizzy..

Well the good thing was there was a good reason for you feelinf dizzy, LOL

I am having to make myself eat sometimes too. To help I went and bought a couple of packets of muslei bars and filled one of my draws at work up, so if I'm too busy to get food I just reach behind me and start snacking. But if anyone else saw in that draw they would think I was mad, it's full of all these bars

i guess its much better then a draw full of chocolate thou!

I feel really crappy if I don't eat often enough, like all my energy just goes at once.

Veronica, I started to get better at about 16 weeks, but didn't really get my appetite back until about 20 weeks. Now I'm making up for lost time LOL!

Yeah well my problem is we have one of those honesty boxes here and they re stock it eery month or so.. and they just put a new one in so i haveaccess to choccy and its not good.

sajemsha Guest

I've been dizzy a few times, I nearly hit the deck one day when I was standing next to a hot oven, lucky I grabbed the wall in time, I get dizzy if I don't eat or if I do too much at one time, just goes to show you need to chill out a bit when your pregnant.