Thread: headache.

Default headache.

hi

just wondering if anyone else gets realy bad headaches that last all day and panadol only takes the edge of.

i have had one all day and even sleeping doesn't take it away it only lessons the pain.

Hi Sweetpea - I had really bad headaches when pregnant with DS. The cause of them was low blood sugar - so I ended up taking mersyndol (day strength) and they worked much better than panadol, and also eating more frequently during the day. During this pregnancy, I haven't had as many headaches but had a few migraines, but am just keeping up my blood sugar level and taking panadol as soon as I feel one coming on. Haven't had the need to use mersyndol this pregnancy, but wouldn't hesitate. You can use it after the first trimester, so should be fine for you. Hope this helps!!

Hi Sweetpea,

I have been having headaches as well, it's awful! I have been taking Panadol but I try not too until I absolutely have to, I worry about taking things when I'm preggo. Not sure what will fix this problem for you, hopefully Aricyn's Mum's Mersyndol trick will work for you!

Hey Sweetpea,

I've had a few headaches and one now that has lasted 2 days. As with you, Panadol only takes the edge off and I can feel that as soon as effects of it has worn off, headache will be back with vengence. Aricyn's Mum, do you prevent low sugar levels just from eating regularly? If there are any issues will it show on my diabetes blood tests?

Yeh ive been having headaches off and on too. Only thing i can suggest other than panadol is to make sure youre drinking lots of water. Seems to help get rid of mine when i have them.

Maybub - eating small meals and snacks regularly helped my low blood sugar. I have no idea re: the diabetes blood test, I went to the doc about my headaches at the time and he just took a little bit of blood from my finger and tested it and he said it was too low for my stage of pregnancy (2nd trimester - I think I was about 14 weeks? I also fainted that day too my BSL was about 3.3 when he said it should be about 6 or 7 during that stage of pregnancy)
    Hope your headaches clear up !!!

I have been getting horrible headaches too... I'm drinking lots of water, so I don't think its that (for me at least)... they started last week with the dizziness and fainting (and low BP) and midwives told me to keep blood sugar up, though I'm eating regularly and I still get them so I dunno... panadol does nothing, and laying down makes them worse so I definately know how you feel. Hope they ease up for us all!

Thanks Aricyn's mum will sus it out with my Dr when I next visit. I am headache free today and loving life.

I researched the Mersyndol option on the net. The manufacturer blurb states:

"Use in Pregnancy
    Category A. There have been no observations of an increase in the frequency of malformations or other direct or indirect harmful effects on the foetus in pregnant women and women of child-bearing age who have taken those drugs found in Mersyndol".

Whatever that means... I will check with my Dr as I don't really trust drug manufacturers or their claims.

Hope all of you lovely ladies are headache free today too.

Maybub - category A means its safe to take during pregnancy. Believe me, I checked it out with a couple of docs (and quite a few pharmacists!!!) to make sure it was ok. nearly got another packet yesterday, had the worst headache - went without food for too long I think, plus watching a seminar in the dark didn't help with lots of crying babies!!!! (the business of being born was shown in bris yesterday) but luckily panadol did the trick. :-) (and some maccas.. hehe)
    Check with your doc anyway, but I'm sure they will say the same thing. :-) Hope you continue to feel good!!

Thank you so much A.M. This is a big relief to know as Mersyndol covers a variety of pain. Will get some this arv to keep in my handbag.

Yeehar!!!!

I too used mersyndol on the advice of my doctor.

wish i could say i was headace free but no.... had to come home from work as was pounding andpain relief does nothing

I'm also getting really bad headaches aswell! Pretty much every second day, had a shocker the other day especially when bending down to unpack the dishwasher!!

I will give Mersyndol a try!! Hope everyone has a happy head today!!