Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headaches

Default Headaches

I've been getting splitting headaches for the past 4 days. Has anyone else had this as a symptom of pregnancy??

Welshgirl, headaches are one of my main pregnancy symptoms, i usually get them in the 2nd tri, but this time i got them early, i've been nursing a migrane for 2 days now.
    It's worse when you can only take panodol, it doesn't work for me.

I hope you don't get them for long hun

Yeah, I NEVER got headaches in my 1st trimester, and hardly at all when not pregnant, but I seem to get them much more easily now that I'm in my 2nd trimester.
    On the bright side, panadol usually works for me if I catch it early enough, I've learnt my lesson about 'seeing if it gets better first', the moment I know it's a headache, I'll look for drugs, otherwise it takes forever to go.
    I also get headaches when I don't wear my reading glasses, this never used to happen, and if I know that's what caused the headache, I'll pop my glasses and the headache goes within 5 mins.
    But if it's not glasses related, I'll take panadol

Hope you find a way to manage the headaches!
    And if they continue, talk to your dr, it could be pregnancy, it could be anything...who knows, you might need glasses!

Oh yeah, just remembered reading that drinking enough water can help prevent headaches too.

Ive been getting headaches through the second trimester. I think moslty because i dont get enough sleep. Im up at 6am to get ready for work and then dont get home until about 6.30pm each night.
    About 2 weeks ago i had a headache that lasted about a week! It was up the back of my neck, but i have a feeling it was also caused from the way i am sleeping now.

I have been getting headaches too and a couple turned into migraines.My Dr told me to take panadol as soon as i start to have a headache and nip it in the bud! He also said its due to oestrogen levels from pregnancy.
    Also,i wear glasses and pregnancy can also interfere with eyesite so if you have a problem to see your optomotrist.I needed a new pair of lenses and was only tested the yr before.
    Drinking a glass of water before bed and first thing in the morning can alleviate dehydration symptoms too.

With both my pregnancies I got headaches as a result of all the extra bloodflow during pregnancy, with my first pregnancy they last 24hrs for a good 4 weeks with my 2nd they weren`t as severe thankgoodness but still very bad and very close to being classed as migranes.

Lorin Guest

I used to always suffer from headaches and the only thing i could take to get rid of them was nurofen +, and some times migraine tablets. Now i still get them every day all the time, but can't take anything for them as panadol and panadine do not work for me

maggie Guest

In the 1st tri, mine were terrible, now in my 2nd tri, they come and go, and arent as bad as they were earlier on, thank goodness

Sal Guest

yep I got bad headaches from 14w to 17w

hopefully yours will go away soon!

I've been getting them alot this time

I didnt think you were aloud to take nurofen in pregnancy? My dr also gave me panadeine forte and to take 1 if neccessary but it didn't help much.

No i heard you cant take Nurofen either, only panadol. Is panadeine forte ok? i would have thought that would be way too strong? I use to take it for my migrains and it can really knock you around?

My OB gave them to me for when i had bad gastro pain and when i told him of my migraines he said to tkae them.When speaking to a GP he also said it was fine.
    I only take them if panadol hasnt worked.

Panadine and panadine forte are category A and are ok to take in pregnancy.
    Nurofen is category C so should not be taken without medical advice

Thanks Alan for clearing that up!

Ahh.. well thats good to know. Panadol doesnt work for me that much either.

Ive been lucky, since ive been pregnant i havent had any of my extreme migrains (inc. losing vision, extremely bad headache, cant talk properly, and half my body goes numb), only those occasional headaches. So i can totally relate in why you may need something that strong :hugs:

tams Guest

Default hell yeah!

i've only just hit the 2nd trimester but already i'm getting splitting headaches, my partner keeps saying, drink more water, thats his cure for everything lol but i know it cant be that cos i had to drink a whole river before my u/s the other day and i still had one! lol.
    just another one of those amazing things about being pregnant lol, gotta love it!!!!!

I used to get headaches when I was pg too, its definitley a symptom of pregnancy. Make sure you are keeping up your fluid intake.

Thats good to know you can take Panadiene during pregnancy. I wish I had've known that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast