Thread: Headaches??

Default Headaches??

Is anyone having headaches still?? I thought it was meant to be a first trimester thing,but i am still having them at my stage,and i hate them....
    Does anyone know whether it has anything to do with being pregnant with a boy?? because i didnt have them with my girls....
    I normally get migraines when im not pregnant,but i never got one form the time i fell with my girls to the time i had them,but this time i have them fairly frequently....I have one today actually...

Suzie,
    I'm still getting headaches, usually daily. I wake up with them. I don't think it has anything to do with having a boy. Wait til they are born then boy's will give you a headache I just spoke to my midwife about the same thing and she told me it's just from the extra progesterone. All the excess hormones in our bodies. All I do is take a couple of panadol and try and have a rest when I can.

Take care
    Trish

Thanks,that is what i have been trying to do....I have woken up with a ripper of one this morning,for the first time in a couple of weeks...
    LOL about the boys giving you a headache after they are born....My girls do that very nicely,as well...
    How does a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old singing Shannon Noll What About Me in the car when we go anywhere strike you?? \/ It is annoying,no matter how cute they are!!!
    Thanks again...i have been trying to drink more water,and take it easy,but it just doesnt work some days!!

Scarlett Guest

Susie, I get headaches regularly and am having a girl. I have found that not having long periods between meals helps and drinking heaps of water also. If I feel one starting a glass of soft drink can help.

I'm having headaches regularly too, but in the last week they hae eased off a bit *phew*

Debbie Lee Guest

I woke up with a shocking headache this morning because I forgot to put a glass of water beside my bed. I kept telling myself during the night to get up and get some water because I was thirsty but I was too tired. The result; dehydration and a whoppa of a headache. Took some panadol and had another couple of hours sleep and I feel a little better now. I think I will have to try to remember to have a huge glass of water before I go to sleep and to make sure there is always some on my bedside table.

Hope your headaches go away soon Suzie. You are right, they are far from pleasant!

Thanks everyone,i think it must have something to do with dehydration,because since i have gone back to drinking more water,they have gone away again....
    Scarlett the soft drink has worked for me in the past too,and i forgot about it....
    thanks for reminding me....
    Take care everyone

I have also been getting headaches and sometimes waking up with them. Sometimes by the time I have thought about a Panadol though they have already gone, Its like a major stabbing pain for a few minutes then I am OK again.

I was going to discuss with the doctor next week

Jo