Thread: Health Question

Pietta Guest

Default Health Question

Hey everyone,
    Recently I have had trouble sometimes breathing and it feels like my chest is really tight. Whilst having my u/s on wed when the chick was pressing down near my ribs i had to catch my breath because i felt like my lungs got smaller or restricted or something. If my uterus isnt that high yet, why on earth do i feel so restricted in breathing? Has anyone else experienced this at all??
    Please help coz I dont see OB for two weeks and I am a bit concerned. I know I can go to my normal doc, which I might do, but i just wanted to see what you guys said first.
    Thanks

Just a wild guess (but I had this too) I would say is because whilst your uterus might not be that high everything else is starting to squish up that high...iykwim. If you are worried I would get them to check to see everything is ok. But I remember being shortwinded from around the second ultrasound. Oh speaking of second ultrasound...I probably missed it, but how did it go? Boy or Girl?

*hugs*
    Cailin

Pietta Guest

LOL... i posted it everywhere!! hehehehe
    The little angel (insert other adjective there!!) cradled into fetal position and decided to have a sleep when she started looking! ](*,)
    I was devastated!! She said she cant see a doodle, but the U cord was in the way. She said it is more likely to be a girl but she couldnt actually see anything distinguishable.
    Yeah so i am in for a suprise!! I have always thought boy from word go, but I am occassionally wrong!!

Paris did the same thing! I actually paid to get another ultrasound so I could know for sure ROFLMAO! And then low and behold on the second ultrasound the "hamburger" was as obvious as it could be LOL!

And I was exactly the same I was convinced I was having a boy, I even dreamt about my little boy too.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Hi Pee,
    I have experienced shortness of breath often, during preg and also when I haven't been pregnant. I was worried it was asthma etc. It turned out to be muscle and back related. My back wa out and then my muscles were seizing up restricting my chest and making ne feel like I couldn't get a full breath, especially when lying down.

This may be totally unrelated to you but I thought I mention it as another avenue to go down if you cant work it out.
    Cheers Michelle

Pietta Guest

Thanks for that.
    I see a chiro regularly and she always adjusts my rib cage. My doctor said there is some bone or muscle or something that is on both ends of the ribcage rib in particular near my lungs and that when inflammed (is that a word??) can make it hard to breathe. Every time my doc checks I do have normal working lungs so I am not sure.
    Thanks for the advice though.
    Oh and by the way, we have chosen Jordan for a girls name too!! We couldnt agree on a girls name until the scan chick said she cant see a doodle but isnt sure. Now we both love Jordan Alexys!

It's funny Pee, but we actually didn't pick Jordan as a girls name, we had Kyra, but our DD didn't look like a Kyra, Jordan was the only name Dh had picked and so Jordan was it.

But it suits her very well, and ius a really strong girls name.

Best wishes Michelle