Thread: Hearing pulse in ear

Natty Guest

Default Hearing pulse in ear

Hi ya all
    Hope everyone is going well. I just wondering if anyone has been hearing their pulse in their ear., it sounds so silly but for the last couple of days I have been hearing my pulse in my right ear every now and then. I am going to the dr this week to rule out high blood pressure. I normally have low blood pressure so I doubt whether this is the problem. Anyway sorry if this seems like a silly question.

take care
    natty

Not a silly question at all!
    I have a milk allergy and that happens to me when I drink milk. Something to do with blocked ears I think.
    Not sure why it would be happening during pregnancy - maybe someone else can help you there.

I don't know about low blood pressure, I got it too along with a pulse in my teeth and my blood pressure was perfect the whole way through.

I think it might be from all that extra blood... (I'm no dr though LOL)

*hugs*
    Cailin

Hi Natty.
    Nope not silly. I have always had normal blood pressure, but during both of my pregnancies, i had that pulse in one ear. Come to think of it, i'm sure it was my right ear too. Also when i'd try to roll out of bed later in the pregnancy, i could hear like a swooshing sound in my left ear. The strange things our bodies do while pregnant.
    It all actually stopped about a month postpartum.

I'd have it checked off course, but i'm sure they'll say that everything is normal.

julesr Guest

I've got it too and it's driving me crazy! Only in the left ear, and sometimes when I bend over to pick something up there's a kind of rushing sound. There's nothing wrong with my blood pressure though, it's been constant all the way through (I'm 21 weeks). It started about 10 weeks and it's not as bad as it was, I particularly notice it at night when I'm lying in bed and it's quiet.

WOW - I had this about 10 years ago and it drove me nuts - I had hearing tests and all sorts of stuff and they couldn't work out what it was and said it could be the after effects of a cold or a car accident I had about 7 years before that. My family thought I was making it up ! I'm not sure how long it took to go away.

mel79 Guest

hi i am new and was just reading your post and was very interested as this has been happening to me the last few nights and i am still waiting to do a hpt but i said something to my husband and i had this with my first pregnancy and he remembers being told by the midwife that it is because you have more blood when you are pregnant thats what he remembers anyway hope that helps

Yep I get this too. I also have low blood pressure and I find that if I stand up too fast it's really loud. Though gotta admit these days I'm not standing up too fast rofl!

Sal Guest

Yes I had that in my second tri, especially lying in bed at night, lying on my left side. Also palpitations. All very normal.

Fraser Guest

I've still got this in my third tri - but only in my left ear - it drives me crazy - especially if I'm trying to get to sleep! My BP has been fine all the way through - so I guess like everyone says it's just one of those things!

I had it too and like Sal got it when I was usually lying in bed. As the other girls have said it is perfectly normal and probably just due to the extra blood flow.

I get this all the time, it can be very annoying. I think it`s to do with all the extra blood flow.