Thread: Heart Palpitations During Pregnancy

Default Heart Palpitations During Pregnancy

Anyone else had this? I thought it might have been the tea I was drinking so I cut it out completely and they are still happening. I am going to see my local GP on friday and see what she says.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Nah, coz I only stayed in bed for about 4 days. I've been taking it easy but not bed bound iykwim. I read somewhere its normal with the amount of blood some women produce, and I've been having monster headaches too so I'm sure its nothing and all related.

Don't worry about me hon, I'm as strong as an ox

*hugs*
    Cailin

Yeah a bit stressed, but I am going for some R&R and a coffee tonight with a dear friend so that should destress me a bit, we intend on offloading to each other and possibly a good cry...can picture it now the waiting staff watching us strangely LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks sweetie, I'll let you know how it goes at the Dr's!

*hugs*
    Cailin

My girlfriend ended up getting palpitations when she was pregnant.... nothing major, her heart just raced now & then..... she still gets them very rarely, she soenst take medication or anything, just goes to the Dr & gets checked out when it happens....

She never had them pre pregnancy....

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I have had heart palpitations with both my pregnancies and it scared the crap out of me because I thought all those visits to maccas were going to bite me in the bum! As frightening as it is, it is normal and I know poor Yvette had them quite bad too.

I hope you have a great outpouring session Cai, it's great for the soul. xoxo
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Cailin, you poor thing. I know my heart has raced a few times since I have been pg, I have just put it down the extra blood flow, although it is scary.

I hope you had a good time with your friend tonight.

Cai, hun it's quite normal, my SIL's a DR, and she tells me it's the extra blood flow, you're fine hun, just take it easy ok.

Luv Nard xx O

cailin i have major heart palpitations also.sometimes they leave me breathless.i asked my ob today as i too was getting quite worried as sometimes they are very very strong and go on for ages and he also said that it is quite normal and common in prgnancy.
    hope that puts your mind at ease.
    nikki

I've had this on and off, and although it's unpleasant the midwife told me it's nothing to worry about. Unfortunately she also said there's nothing much you can do to stop it happening :?

Hi Cailin,

I too have been getting heart palpitations, the first time it happened i was beside myself i thought the worst straight away.I told my midwive about it and she didn't seem to worried about it, but if they got worse and were happening more frequently then they would look into it further.

Hope you are feeling better and the palpitations stay away.

Take care Leah

Sal Guest

Hi Cailin, I'm getting lots of palpitations too, they started about 5 days ago. I must admit I don't like them, but I used to get them some years ago (non-preg related) and got fully checked out by a cardiologist and got the all-clear.

I know during preg that our hearts get larger and sort of 'sit out' of position a little, so perhaps that is what triggers them.

I don't look forward to having them throughout the rest of my preg though!