Thread: Help - lots of pain

Default Help - lots of pain

Today I had just gotten to work when I had the worst pain ever shooting around my hip and down my side. It was so bad I couldn't move and I nearly threw up! It lasted maybe 5-7 min and then went just leaving a stich like pain down my side. Bubba has been moving normally otherwise I would have called my ob. Is it just stretching? Any idea

Ouch! Sounds painful! I had this when Liebling was on my sciatic nerve - couldn't walk, could barely move, it all hurt too much! Then it's just a dull ache again until another jolt of pain shoots down the leg.

If it's a one-off, and I hope it is, then don't worry. If not, I was told that going on hands and knees (or on knees leaning forward with arms on a chair/low table) would encourage the baby to move off the nerve, which had limited success until I popped out 3 weeks later and Liebling had enough space to move off the nerve. I ended up wearing a girdle and having physiotherapy, but I'm sure that's because I work in a hospital so I could easily, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

Thanks Ryn but this was really different to sciatica. Now that is just a dull ache it feels like something familar but I just can't put my finger on it, kind of like a stitch when you run too fast. When it started this morning I would have called an ambulance if I could get out of my chair. I thought something was seriously wrong with bubba

The only other thing I can think of is severe cramp - are you getting enough sodium and potassium in your diet? More bananas and salt may make you feel a bit better. I've had that wake me up at night sometimes if I've been a bit careless with my diet.

Thanks, I have been getting really bad leg cramps, better up those calcium tabs :-) I've just realised what it feels like - like when I used to get ovarian cysts, that's impossible isn't it! I mean don't your ovaries move right out of the way when pg???

Saram - it sounds like round ligament pain. Especially if it is on the right side.
    Last edited by Kar; October 31st, 2006 at 02:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks, feeling a hundred percent today, the dull ache has gone and bubba is still kicking around. I think my pelvis is just falling apart to tell the truth, the whole thing aches and moving around when lying down is nearly impossible, might try and find a physio or something that can help.

Thnks again

Yep - sounds like ligament pain to me. I got it sooooo bad with my first pregnancy I couldn't move wihtout screaming for about 2-3 days. I spent a monring in emergency, they mucked me around for hours asking about bleeding etc, and then sent me home, told me not to be a hero and take some panadiene (forte if required).
    It is soooo normal unfortunately, and mine lasted for about 1w badly, and then eased away again. I got it again this time, but only after I had been playing netball.

I go to an osteopath for my aches and pains, and she works wonders for me. Finding someone who can help now (and therough the next lot of aches and pains....) is a good idea

Saram I had something similar about a month ago, so bad that I couldn't walk and when I got out of bed at night or in the morning I had to crawl around for a few minutes on the floor until things started to come right. I went to a physio after having days off work, and it was definitely worth it. My sacro-iliac joint had moved due to all my muscles and ligaments relaxing so much. It was pretty simple to fix, really not a big deal and nothing to worry about but the pain it caused was incredible. Try not to worry and see a physio.

Hi Sarah, sounds like you have joined the club! Sounds very similar to the ligament pains that i've been getting. For the first time it came on with such horrendous force that i couldn't move, the next day after sitting on the couch all day with panadol and heat packs it was gone. I have had it back in the past few days but nothing nearly as bad as it was - aggrevated by physical activity (not even hard activity). If it persists or comes back it may be worth giving your OB a call and just mentioning it to them but does sound normal. horrid isn't it! Hope it stays away for you.

Thanks, have been doing lots of pilates to strengthen pelvic muscles and it is working really well although nearly impossible to get off my back once I get down :-) Going to look into some physio around here in the next few days. Thanks again