Thread: Help!!! My legs are driving me crazy!

Default Help!!! My legs are driving me crazy!

I have been getting cramps on and off the last few days in my calves, but I can't seem to put my legs in any comfortable position, I have to move them all the time and they are so cold I can't seem to warm them up either!

Sorry to vent but I feel like chopping them off...does anyone know any tips etc that could help? Please!!!!

Feeling for you Stars.... but sorry I haven't had any experience with this so can't really help.

I use to get cramps as a kid and upping my intake of fluid and/or salt sometimes helped..... not sure if the salt is such a good idea whilst pregnant though.... sorry I can't be of more help to you

hi stars,

i used to get them all the time when i was pregnant - doc just told me to put an ic pack on the cramps, about all you can do.

Hi Stars!
    I know, Chop them off!! hehe. Kidding.
    What about having a bath to relax your muscles... That seems to help me when i have cramps. Sorry not much help either....

Hi Stars,

I had the same problem with leg cramps and my OB said that it was probably due to low calcium levels, she put me on Caltrate and it helped heaps, still get them occasionally, but no where near as bad now.
    The cold legs is probably due to a lack of circulation, maybe your blood pressure is a bit low? Not sure, but definately talk to your OB about it.

Jo

Thanks guys, believe me Jen if I could have chopped them off at the knees I would have!

I haven't been in a position to have baths when they have been the worst, mainly at work or at a friends place.

Are we okay to have baths now? A grl friend told me that you couldn't have a bath until the third trimester. Not sure if this is right or wrong?

Thanks Jo, I have a check up at teh dr's next week so will ask him then.

U can have baths, just not very hot baths. Raising the bodies temp for a long period or even just raising it dramatically for a short period can cause developmental problems with bubs. You can have hot baths, just not baths that make u overheat. And make sure u keep drinking lots of water if the bath is warm..... HTH's

Ive had a few bad calf cramps during the night over the past couple weeks also. So bad that the whole next day it hurts when I walk. I did some researching on the net and aparently its quite normal during pregnancy to have a few due to the amount of blood your pumping around but all you can do is try to keep your legs raised as much as you can to help the blood flow (this is during the night) as aparently it can pool in your legs. I plan to ask my Ob at my next appointment and see what he says.

Ive never got them during the day and its definitely not due to the cold as Im in perth and its really hot at the moment.

Hi Stars

I too have been getting the cramps in my calves and have found that if I have a glass of milk and then give my calves a good stretch, that my cramping pain settles down immensely so I can go to sleep. This seems to work well for me at the moment.

Good luck!

Hi! I too have been having really bad cramps and sore legs, asked the OB today and he told me to take calcuim like Jo-o , the same stuff, or another one that dissolved in water. Aren't they terrible!