Thread: Herbal Teas

bugalugs Guest

Default Herbal Teas

Hi, I'm a newby here and just want to start by saying how incredibly helpful and informative these forums are. Now to my question: I am a lover of herbal teas but I stoped drinking them when I became pregnant because I know that some can be harmful. But I am really missing having a hot cuppa at night time so was wondering if anyone knows which herbal teas are safe and which are not?

I am 23 weeks pregnant.

Cheers!

angelique Guest

Hi there Bugalugs,

I have been told to stay away from pepermint tea. I was a lover of herbal teas as well but when I feel pregnant I did not feel like it at all.

I am sure Chamomile tea is ok but in small doses.

I guess there is no evidence suggesting there will be a problem if you drink herbal teas but I am going by what my acupuncturist has told me.

Hope this helps darling.

xxoo

I drank Rooibos tea all through which is a South African tea with no caffeine. Is really good for you, and pregnant Sth African's love it!! I also drank all the old ones I used to, i didn't worry about it, just had them weak and enjoyed them. i had mint, apple cinamon etc xo

I drink ginger tea sometimes - it was great when I had ms too!

Tessa Guest

i also wondered this and was told that you can have a cup of coffie or 300mlg of caffine a day so if you stay away from the soda and coffie drinks a cup of anykind of tea should be fine.
    stacy