Thread: Hernias

Question Hernias

I was just wondering about hernias in your navel. With DS i had one and the midwife said there is nothing to worry about. After i had DS it went (or so i thought) and now it is back again. With this pg i am bigger, my placenta is already halfway up past my navel and is pushing on what i think is my hernia. My next app with my doc is next thurs (5/10) so i wont be able to see her till then unless i go to my GP. (I am doing shared care with my doc/midwife i only go to the hosp @ 30w and from 37w.)
    Thankyou,
    Jenni

Hey Jen, i got my hernia with my last pregnancy at 20 weeks, and was told it would go away too. it didnt, and now it is getting bigger all the time too.
    There is not much they can do to help it though, but mine does get realy sore if i do too much bending and lifting. I am actually going to see if they can repair it at the same time as they do the c-section this time, just not sure if they actually can or not??

OMG lil, LOL these pregs are nearly the same!! Yeah mine is really bad, i am going to see my doc tomoz coz of bp being low and i nearly passed out, I dunno if that is a good thing or not. I wonder if they can repair it when you have your c sect.. I must ask aswell.

Kirsty77 Guest

I have a hernia(from before I got pregnant) and pregnancy really hasn't affected it at all. Mine is just above my navel. My ob said it would not affect pregnancies at all.