Thread: Hiccups in Utero

Default Hiccups in Utero

I've noticed that munchkin is getting the hiccups every day now and sometimes twice a day.

Does anyone know if it affects the baby in anyway after they're born?

Hey Sarah,
    I have heard that if they get hiccups regularly in-utero then it is more likely that they will gets hiccups regularly on the outside as well...

Nope it doesn't Sarah. Kameron had them heaps in Utero as well. He did get them a bit being a newborn but was nothing to be concerned about.

Love

I had heard that it means that they are just practicing swallowing alot, which means their lungs are developing well.

It must drive the poor little man nuts!

I've heard that it is all about them swallowing and the like as well. My bubs gets them about twice a day and it doesn't bother them.

At you at the stage yet where you can see them? Every time he hiccups your tummy moves? That's pretty cool!

Yup I can see them Nell

hey sarah, josh ahd the hiccups all the time in utero and it never affected him

i used to like the feeling of them hiccuping, so far chloe hasnt gotten them.
    take care
    Lesley

mooshie Guest

Hi Sarah

yup lani had hiccups constantly in utero and she had them heaps for the first few weeks after she was born - my mother actually commented one day is that lani hiccuping i said yes and that was from the front door all the way to her room at the back of the house. she quite often did them in her sleep - and it did not affect her at all, it was all very cute actually.

Paris had hiccups too! I loved it It was sooo amazing and like you I thought it must have annoyed the crap out of her LOL! I miss that feeling...but can't wait to have it again. She did get hiccups alot as a baby but it settled down after a couple of weeks

*hugs*
    Cailin

Oh the last 10 weeks Matilda had the hiccups a few times a day! And she still does now...LOL doesn't phase her at all.

layla Guest

Yup, Kate used to get hiccups at least once a day for the last few weeks in utero. She hardly got them after she was born though... wierd. :-k

My bub gets the hiccups alot too Sarah. Don't you just feel like giving them a drink to get rid of them. The only time I found it bothered my other babies is when they got them when you were feeding them or they were trying to go to sleep. As you can imagine trying to go to sleep with the hiccups has got to be annoying.

Take care
    Trish

Sarah,
    My bub gets the hiccups all the time too. I remember Emily was the same. I thought that after she was born the poor thing is always going to be hiccuping... but that didn't happen, or maybe I just didn't notice as much due to her not being inside anymore.

Tanya

Melinda Guest

Jacob got hiccups all the time when I was PG! Sometimes it would go for well over half an hour!!

He got hiccups a lot in the first couple of months of his life, but not so much now. It doesn't affect them in any way....it can just be a little annoying for them if they get them when they're trying to go to sleep!

When Lily first got the hiccups in utero, i had no idea what it was. It felt like i had a heartbeat under my bump. My mum thought i was going crazy when i told her, lol. But read up on it and they way it was described was exactly what i felt. Now she still gets the hiccups quite often after a feed. But i just get her to suck on the dummy and they go away after about 5 mins. It doesnt seem to bother her at all.

Scarlett Guest

wonder if there are hiccup cures for bub in utero?? ie. drinking upside down, a sudden fright, spoonful of sugar??

Debbie Lee Guest

I wasn't sure if Little Nobba was hiccuping but, as it turns out, it has happened a few times. I have felt a "heartbeat" sensation a few times throughout the pregnancy. I used to joke that bubs was bashing it's head against a brick wall over and over and over
    Must mean that the little mite's swallowing will be down pat by the time it pops out!

both Jessica and Jemma had hiccups but jemma all the time in the last tri, so much so that they really annoyed me heaps. I guess it annoyed her too. I can't say they have had major hiccup probs after birth though, only occasional and no more than the other 2, who I don't recall ever hiccuping much.
    Cheers Michelle