thread: Hip pain + Vent

Jul 2006
    Cloud nine :D

Unhappy Hip pain + Vent

Agh, Venting ahead, apologies!!!

I can't seem to cop a break this pregnancy, I just want to scream! I had M/s until 20weeks, BH's started a few weeks ago, and sometimes they feel horrid! I'm getting headaches most days. And just feel like would be less painful most days

And now the newest attraction to this ride is my hips feel like they are going to fall off, the right one is hurtin the most... it hurts alot when i am in bed at night, sleeping with pillows help but don't help IYKWIM, when im sitting down it hurts, bending sucks... AGHH...

I was at the Dr's last night, and explained that my hips were hurting and he just fobbed me off... also said that painful Braxton Hicks contractions were normal too...

Aghhh breath only 14weeks to go until i get to meet more gorgeous little bundle.

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

Cass - i have had very similar pain since the start of the second tri - the only thing that has helped is weekly visits to the chiro - basically his explanation was that my hip has a "wicked twist" as i have one leg about half an inch shorter than the other so as the weight in my pelvis has increased, the twist has gotten worse. i have to have my lower back adjusted every week to take the pressure off that part of me. i am now using heat packs several times daily to give me some relief from the pain, but i've been told to ride it out... sucks big time! but at the same time, the chiro is giving me relief from the headaches too!

i completely sympathise with you hun - it's so hard (and i STILL have MS as well - pg was supposed to be pleasant! lol)

Dec 2008
    Brisbane

Cass - hugs babe. your still calling midwife on monday arent you?

Add Evie76 on Facebook

Jan 2007
    SA

Hi Cass,

I was suffering really badly from sore hips too. When I was walking it wasn't bad but when I sat for any period of time all hell broke loose.

The baby has turned and is now upside down though - he was sideways. As soon as he did that, the pain stopped. I also told the middie and she just said it's all the relaxin running through the body.

I said that it was nothing like this with Daniel, but like she said the second time around everything is even more loose. My friend who is having her third says it's even worse the third time.

I think eventually your legs just fall off and you have to buy a wheelbarrow.

Jul 2006
    Cloud nine :D

BG - thanks babe... Yes pregnancy is ment to be pleasent lol! And Hugs on the M/s hun! Fingers crossed it stops tomorrow and you have a delightful 5weeks...

Crazy - Yes hunni, will have a chat to them...

Evie - There will be no third lol (atleast until i forget everything in about 5yrs, lol!!! And i think i might need that wheel barrow NOW!! hehe...

It's good when im working because i am walking heaps so the hips don't hurt, but OMG the belly does and get BH's... I just can't win

Add Evie76 on Facebook

Jan 2007
    SA

Cass, thinking of you.

You really are going through some struggles, esp with those BH.

I hope they subside soon. I'm getting them too, but only at night, so I have relief which you just don't seem to be getting.