Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hospital Nurseries

I remember those nurseries to from when I was a kid when we used to visit new bubs in hospital
    As others said pretty much all of them do rooming in now, but the hospital where I had Toby did have a nursery you could send them to after 11pm at night if you needed to get some sleep. Kinda pointless though because you still have to wake up to feed whether they're in the room or not!

They had rooming in at Selengor - when the Ob came to see me I was really tired as Lucas wouldn't settle and he said to ask the midwifes to take him if I wanted to get some sleep. When I pressed the call button, the midwife would show me how to settle him, she didn't even suggest taking him away. I was OK with that - I felt a bit guilty even considering sending him out
    Last edited by Snowy Love; October 27th, 2006 at 10:53 AM.

Our hospital has both a special care nursery for babies with temp problems etc and a regular nursery. They even offer to look after bub while hubby and you go out for dinner before going home from hospital.

When I had DS he spent the first night in nursery as he had some breathing probs and I hated it. I couldn't sleep and I was just lying in there waiting for him to wake to feed, I wish I knew I could have gotten up and gone and seen him

Love My Baby Guest

Corie, how old was the lady next to you?

I was also 19 when I had my DS and the lady next to me was 40. I got treated like dirt and she was treated nice.

Her baby was also unsettled which meant I got no sleep .

But, one night my DS was in the nursery and I went to check on him and they were wheeling the baby from the lady next to me into a dark room because he wouldn't stop crying. So DS didn't go back to the nursery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12