Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How big were you at 21 weeks?

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Default How big were you at 21 weeks?

Hello all,
    I'm getting married - Yeah... I just realised that I will be 21 weeks by then.. Do you think I will be "showing" as they say?

I'm little, only 5 foot, and partner is also short, and we are both skinny.. does that matter?

My mum said that she was not showing at 21 weeks, but she is like 6 foot?

Could you share your experience? What were you like at 21 weeks (or there abouts?)

(As if finding a dress was not going to be hard enough!)

thanking you in advance
    Cee Cee

It is so different for everyone. Being small you probably will be showing. I wasnt' showing, but I'd put on weight. My friend looked 35 weeks at 20 weeks!! Also my boobs had tripled in size by then!! Good luck xoxo

I was showing a little bit... but not too much by then. It might be hard to find an ordinary sized dress though cause at 21 week you wont have a waistline and will probably have some sort of little (or bigger?) pg belly...
    Maybe you could check out some of the belly shots of our girls in Belly buddies from when they were 21 weeks?

Goodluck with your dress search! :luck:

angel_eyes Guest

At 21 weeks I was definitely showing.

I'm 5ft 4

Good luck

I was definately showing too

Jo

I was definitley showing too.

I have to say i was showing like i was about 30weeks by then lol but i have seen people not show for ages, so its different for everyone.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I'm pretty big already, obviously pg at 17 weeks, no longer just looking fat! Lol!

love
    sushee

Cee Cee I am small also (just over 5ft & size 10 usually) & I was showing. I've just put a pic of me at 21wk 2d for you to see on Zander's site HERE.

I had just started to show by 21 weeks and then took off. It is different for everyone.

However I was going to get married before I had DD and went and tried some dresses on. I found that they wedding boutique I went to was used to dressing pregnant women and that they have all sorts of cuts etc that can help disguise pregnancy, if that's what you want to do.

I think it came down to getting a full piece dress not a bodice and skirt. But everyone carries different too.

The best piece of advice I could give is go looking, explain your circumstance and I am sure you will find the perfect dress. Most places will not have a problem making alterations as I had final ones 2 days before the big day.

Anyway you could always flaunt it look at Bec Cartwrights dress, she looked lovely.

All the best for hassle free dress hunting

Love

im just about to go 20 weeks and im showing like crazy!!

Good luck!

Sorry to scare you hun, but I looked like a beached whale LOL #-o

Well I'm a fair bit taller than you so I didn't REALLY show until around 27\28wks or so. If it's your first bubs; I reckon just speak to some dressmakers or gown designers and ask their advice on the best dress to flatter a pregnant woman.

I would think an empire style gown (where it emphasises the bust and then falls quite naturally, skimming the hips) might be the right sort of design.

Plenty of women have gotten married whilst pregnant. Think of it this way; you'll be well into your 2nd trimester and will likely have glowing skin & glossy hair to show off!

getinmybelly!! Guest

I was going to say Empire line gown too. Think Bec Cartwright.

I am 17 1/2 weeks and definately showing...I look six months...but only from the side.

I was definitely showing by 21w as well (and I'm 163cm). I had people noticing I was PG from 16-18w I think. I have some belly pics on my site here if you're interested.

I'm 20 wks at the moment, and to those that know, they can see a belly. It also depends what I'm wearing. If I wear maternity clothes.. I look pg! But I can still wear my jeans and a t-shirt, which then just looks like a chub belly hanging over the top of my jeans. I'm a bit self conscious that I'm not big enuf for other people to pick it as pg, and find myself touching my belly all the time as if to say ... no.. it's a baby belly!! hehe. (I didn't want to be a person that touches the belly all the time, but I love it )

I am 19 weeks tomorrow and definatley showing. (lets not even mention I have to fit into a bridesmaid dress at 21 weeks that was bought before I was pregnant - major alterations will be taking place I am thinking!!!)

But as people have said, any clued in dress maker will make you look fantastic on your special day!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Girls thank you all sooooooo much. Sorry I''ve not replied soon - morning sickness has become all day sickness and I've been bed bound for a few days.. I LOVED those who had photos, that was a real help.. Based on all the people who replied I think I have a 5% chance of not "really" showing, so best bet on a dress that "flows".

I've done a few searches for Bec Catright on the web but not found anything that shows her wedding dress - oh well, I've got a few doctor appointments up my sleeve so I'm sure there will be an old Women's Day somewhere! As a few people have mentioned her dress - Wished I had paid more attention back then, just thought that I would not need to know that kind of information!

He hee

Thank you all again for all your well wishes
    All the best in the comming months to you all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast