Thread: How do you keep yourself from going insane??

Default How do you keep yourself from going insane??

I never thought pregnancy was like this. Ups and downs the whole way through.

The question I have for everyone is how are you guys keeping youselves from going insane about your little ones being OK? M/S goes away, you aren't as tired and feeling quite normal but you can't feel movement as yet so you sit and wonder is everything is OK. Am I the only one doing this?

I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense. I just feel so normal right now that I'm not sure if I am going insane wondering if everything is OK.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Kelly i was like that from Week 14 to 18, very normal!

The only way i knew i was pregnant was to feel my breasts and notice they were just a touch sensitive.. I also thought to myself if anything is wrong my body will tell me.. The body is an amazing tool, trust it..

It is normal to feel normal, so just relax because stressing causes more harm than good..

*hugs*

Bubsykel - as Rak said you're completely normal. I can only imagine that after a previous loss that the worry is greater, but trust in yourself and your body and have the confidence to know you are doing everything you can and if your body is not indicating there's any hassles then you are doing fine. Even when it's not the first time round you still can drive yourself insane with the worrying of "this should be happening" that should be happening - is everything ok.

The worry about looking after your child begins at conception and you wouldn't be the caring parent you are and going to be if you didn't worry. We all just need to learn a way of moderating this worry/concern and putting it into perspective otherwise you'll spend the rest of your days stressed to the hilt over your children and now or then that's not good for them or you.

Just know you are definitely normal and that those that love and support you are there to help make this the happiest time of your life rather than an unhappy stressful time

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Kelly,

What I forgot to tell you yesterday was when I saw my Dr and said my symptoms had suddenly disappeared, he checked on baby, then told me that as long as nothing abnormal was happening, it was a whole lot better than something happening.

Of course that did not make me relax any. But it made me grateful for all the pains, spotting, cramps etc I didn't have, IYKWIM.

You're going to obsess, it's natural! You obsess all the way until you have your baby, I think. And then you worry about your baby til they're adults, and beyond that even! It just doesn't stop.

Welcome to motherhood, my sweet! You'll be bonkers same as the rest of us soon!

love
    sushee

I'm sorry - I'm just feeling very down on myself lately. I'm sure my cold isn't helping me any with a pounding headache - yay!!

I worry about Bubba all the time. At times I'm not believing that everything is OK. I'm sure I just need a holiday. I haven't had a decent break for a while.

Thanks for the chat ladies.

hey kelly

your not alone im going though the same thing i keep worrying about my baby this is my second time around and i cant stop worrying with my daughter i didnt really worrie with her but as i trying to come to terms if im not all right my body will tell me and if im good i should trust that i cant belive how my two pregnancys are different iv gotta stop worrying cos i m stressing my self out and being some wat depressed

Fee Guest

I found the first trimester extremely worrying - even though I did have some m/s.

But I'm glad to have made it past 14 weeks now and after the scan last week I feel quite calm.

Actually I'm surprised at how calm I am!!!

But I do know what you mean about worrying. It's awful and there's not much you can do about it - well that's how it feels.

angelique Guest

Hello there,

I was like this in the beginning and still am to this day. Some days are worry and some are carefree and relaxed. I guess that is just what happens when you are pregnant. Just try to think positive. U will feel better when u can feel the baby kick that is for sure, but then you worry, are they kicking enough!!!

Just trust your instinct as it is never wrong.