Thread: How frequent should kicks be?

Default How frequent should kicks be?

Hi all,

I'm just curious to see what other peoples experiences was with frequency of Kicking.
    Now over 24 weeks, and I feel like bubs isn't kicking much or he's teasing me.

Last midwife appt she said he was very calm, but I want more kicks!

He goes for quite a while and nothing and just as I'm starting to let my mind wonder if everything is ok I get a few boots.

Rebecca, I still worry that I don't get enough kicks/movement! I felt bubs move from very early on, but I think we just have a calm baby. And my anterior placenta doesn't help. I know what you mean about bubs kicking just as you're starting to get worried, that happens to me all the time!

IMHO, it's not a good thing to compare yourself to others, cos if it's not the same, you'll just worry You could just have a quiet baby, and that's perfectly fine. As long as your HCP thinks everything's alright, I'm sure it is

Rebecca
    10 kicks in a day on avarage is normal. some days you may get 1 kuck some days you may get 30 kicks. As long as your baby is moving then everything is fine

I suposed I should have said anything above 10 a day is normal

Thanks guys,

At the last midwife appt, she did say that bubs was a very calm baby, and well his father is and I love my sleep, so I can only figure that is what the little munchkin is doing.

In saying that I have noticed a lsight increase over the last few days.

I heard that girls tend to kick more and are generally more active in the womb than lil boys - i think this was an old wives tale though - i dont remeber!