Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to get babba to move??

Percy Guest

Default how to get babba to move??

I'm a bit concerned as I haven't felt the baby move for a couple of days now. Now deep down I know everything is fine as I had a midwife appointment on Tuesday and heard the heartbeat and apparently it was nice and strong (unless somethign can happen between now and then??? )

Anyways any ideas on how I can get this baby to move so I can put my mind at rest? Or am I bit too early to be worried about that sort of thing?

Thanks all.

Percy Guest

Oh and I should add I tried to call my midwife but her phone is off -think she is delivering a baby as she said she only switches it off during deliveries.

Olivia, when I was pregnant with her, used to do this and it frightened the wotsits out of me........my midwives recommended a cold sweet drink (ie Orange juice) followed by a lie down.........and within 30 mins, I could always pick up movements........even at an early stage..........

Percy Guest

Thanks Lucy - will give that a go.

I always find that lying on my back in bed gets a few wiggles going

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Yep an icy cold drink or a bit of a prod whilst lying down should do the trick. That was suggested to me by a midwife when I was worried about Jonah not moving.

this happened a lot with Milo (although I never felt any movements at all til 24 weeks, so Ireckons 18 weeks is great!)
    I used to drink a slurpee and lie down.

At 18 weeks I wasn't feeling daily movements this time around, I do have an anterior placenta which can cause you not to be able to feel as much. One sure thing for me to get the baby moving is to sit with my feet up & drink some icy cordial or ice water & have a few lollies... tends to stir things up in there for her

Percy i don't feel much movement at all with this one so please try not to worry too much i only feel something every couple of days but i feel it mostly in the afternoon.
    It also depends on how busy you are to notice any real movement.
    But if you are really worried call your m/w. I'm sure everything is fine and baby is just resting.

tinka Guest

I didnt even feel my bubs move until well into my 20th week. I would try not to worry. I am sure everything is fine.

Tink xx

Percy - I've been worrying the same thing. Haven't felt anything for 3 days. Off to drink something cold and lie down. I'll let you know if it works. Let me know if it works for you.

spreckemily Guest

I had a lovely icy cold thick shake YUMMMMMMM

Baby was going OFF!!!!!!!!! I felt much better as I had not felt him all day!!

Well - I followed the instructions but I couldn't tell if it was my guts or the baby. I just told myself it was the baby. LOL

My sister has been having this on and off throughout her pregnancy. I took her to see the midwife yesterday as she hadn't felt any movements for over 6 hours (she is 39 1/2 weeks pregnant). Midwife suggested the same, icy pole, or sweet drink, then lay down for half an hour. When he didn;t move, they did a CTG and he was fine. I think maybe he was sleeping and getting ready to be born!

Percy Guest

Thanks everyone. What did it was having Indian for tea! The baby went mad after that!!

Thanks again

From a paranoid first time mum!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Ahhhhhhh, hoorah. Glad to hear you got the little one moving They can be cheeky little buggers even on the inside.

I have middle of the night insomnia at the moment and find when I get back into bed after a wee, bubs moves about quite a bit. Especially when I am on my back. I dont feel too much else through out the day so I tend to stay awake to enjoy it :-)

Percy do you have a cat ?
    If you do i find the cat purring on my belly works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast