Thread: How much movement are you feeling?

Default How much movement are you feeling?

Hiya
    There are lots of discussions about when you start to feel movement, but I was just wondering how much movement you are all feeling.

I am lucky if I get about four kicks a day - is that normal? (I do have an anterior placenta though!!)

Thanks.

Babushka Doll Guest

HI Tess, I have an anterior placenta too - I feel most of my movement and big kicks at night when i lay down, i don't feel bubs that much during the day.

Try not to worry if you think baby isn't moving much, some baby's don't move alot at all and aren't very active kwim? Having an anterior placenta wont help either as most of the kicks etc will be cushioned by it. It was really from about the 22ish weeks mark that I started getting the constant strong movements that you could feel whether you were moving, sitting etc. As baby gets bigger and stronger, you will be able to feel the 'pushing/stretching' type movements where baby tries to see how far he can stretch across your belly LOL.

Earlier on in my pregnancy, I dont think I felt movements every day. Some days I would feel quite a few, but other days I would only feel a couple. I feel it more when I am lying or sitting down not doing anything.

I'm just over 34 weeks and I STILL hardly feel movement. I find I feel it more when I'm sitting or lying down. And I have more chance of feeling movement if I have pressure on my tummy (holding it with my hands, lying on it etc). HTH

MG

Still too much - as soon as there were definate kicks I couldn't get the beast to stop beating me up! I've said I'm going to file for in utero GBH, but even that hasn't stopped mein kleiner Liebling from beating me up.

I think fewer are more normal though, but since when have I done anything the normal way LOL.

Hi Tess

I'm 21 weeks. I also have an anterior placenta and I usually feel movements/kicks at night when I am lying down. I don't really feel that much during the day yet.

Fire Fly Guest

Its still only early days for me as im 15wks but im sure ive started to feel those little bubbles. I know with the other 2 it was 18 weeks before i started feeling anything and even then after that they werent huge movers till they started running out of room.
    The acrobats used to start around 8pm when i finally had a chance to relax.

They reackon you should make a note of when you start feeling movement as that is a good indication that your half way through and it gives you an indication of when bub is due. If thats the case then this one is comeing 3 weeks early.

Ooh Kerrie, I haven't heard that before. I hope it's wrong cos I started feeling movements at 14w0d! Definitely don't want my baby to arrive at 28 weeks!

I too have an anterior placenta, so I'm surprised I felt anything so early. I didn't tell anyone for the first week, cos I thought they wouldn't believe me LOL! It is now very rare for me to feel anything during the day, unless I'm sitting or lying a certain way. Even at night I don't feel much. I only get about 2-3 movements a day, and nothing that feels like a kick, just somersaults!

Oh it all sounds pretty normal sweetie! You just wait you'll wish you didnt worry so much, before you know it this child will be beating you from within getitng in first on the punishment forefront for future reference from mama! I bet in two or three weks time you will be saying how much this kid is beating you up!

Ryn are you German, sorry for prying you have to be! My mother is German and my Dh is now very fluent in German speaking he is obsessed with the whole German everything, his teacher is very good at teaching him too. Anyway sorry to ramble, just got excited at seeing some german in here!

Thanks ladies - much appreciated. Not sure why everything makes me worry at the moment - must be the hormones.

Thanks again.

Fire Fly Guest

LMAO girls, it was a bit of literature i got off the Hospital when i booked in. It freaked DH out to when i told him, lol he is probably worrying bub will be here at 30wks now.
    I dont have much faith in it i just thought it interesting that a hospital would print that.
    Keeps us on our toes i suppose.

I feel Bob constantly. I mean about every hour - two at most. We've been told at each of our three u/s that he is a VERY active baby - Like I needed to be told!!! He's getting stronger too and sometimes he makes me jump or yell out. 15 more weeks of this? I think I'll file a GBH complaint with your Ryn!

Hi girls how are you all?? Well i was feeling lots of movements but the last few days i have maybe felt bubs 1 or 2 times in like 3 days i'm starting to worry should i go and see my gp or not???? Is this normal???? with key i felt very storng movements rite from the 1st time i felt her i have only felt this bubs very strong movements 3 maybe 4 time over the last few weeks. Am i worried over nothing or could something be wrong???

Lira, I've found that Bob has some quite days and I put this down to a growth spurt. The last two or three days he's settled down a lot, but I'm getting really tired and breathless, which has been a sign of a growth spurt in the past - so I'm assumming it's the same again. I, personally won't worry unless I don't feel him move AT ALL for half a day or more.