Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often is the u/s wrong?

Default How often is the u/s wrong?

Just wondered, after min's sister was told she was having a girl only to find out she was actually a boy, how often do they get it wrong?

It seems to be more often when they say you are having a girl (sorry Trish). Has anyone been told they are having a boy, when it's actually a girl?

Hi Sarah

My Aunty who had 4 girls got told she was having a boy and it was another girl.

It also happened with Kelli D as well

Love :hbeat:

I remember being told what they tell you is not 100% accurate anyway. Not sure if they tell you that here but they do in the UK just in case they do get it wrong.

So when we were told we were having a girl we told no one and brought nothing pink until after she was born. Even when they took me for my c-section they asked if i knew and i said yes we were told a girl but we will wait and see what comes out.
    I think it is best that way.

Hi

I have never been in the position where they could tell me the sex of my babies, I am sure that the girls didnt want me to know.

However, a friend of mine, had her u/s done by the same man, and he was adamant her first was a boy..it was a girl. Agan with PG #2 he was very adamant that it was a girl...it was a boy! With her 3rd baby, we convinced her to have an u/s somewhere new and they got it right, a girl!

I know that they can never totally tell for sure, but I am hoping in 3w to find out this one, will let you all know how I go!

Speaking of u/s and gender....have you known anyone who's been able to find out the gender at the 12 week scan??? I am DYING to know, and I have my scan this Friday morning. I've read plenty of research that says it's possible in cases where the baby is in the right position, and they quote the accuracy as somewhere between 85% and 95%....

What do you girls think? I soooooo want to know!

I've read somewhere (sorry can't remember where), that they if the u/s did get the gender wrong most times its a boy and not the predicted girl..... no doubt it dose occur the other way around tho. I think something like only 3% are ever predicted wrong, so you have to be pretty unlucky.

Juliette, I would wait a little longer to find out what you are having. I have heard that some ppl have found out that early, but the chances of getting it wrong are much higher. Having said that, you could ask them to have a look and tell you what they think it might be.

Tanya

We had friends who were told they were definately having a boy so they went out and bought blue, only to find out that they were having a girl.

Nic

I went to the camera/photo shop today and the lady there told me that at her 36 week ultra sound she wa told she was having a girl and it turned out a boy. You'd think at such a far stage in pregnancy they'd get it right.
    I really don't like the sound of this discussion. I keep thinking positive thoughts I was going to wait til the New year to have my 3d scan although with all this chatter I think I will make it sooner rather than later.

Take care
    Trish

Melinda Guest

Juliette, we found out that we were having a boy when I was 16w PG. As time progressed it was pretty obvious that we were having a boy judging by what we could see on the scans IYKWIM ROFLMAO!!!

Trish, By that stage the baby is too big to be able to see that area very well. I had my 35 wk scan last week and although we could see the area, it is hard to distinguish ANYTHING because it is so big u can only see one butt cheek and then the other, not both together and what's between *L*. We think ours is a little girl, but I don't mind if I have a boy. My DH's pop just passed away last night and we always planned to name our first son with his name as the middle name, so I think it would be fitting if it were a boy. Either way is fine with me. I just want it out soon!! *L*

Wow it does seem to happen more often than I thought :-k

Sorry Trish, but I had always wondered 8-[

I was told. a boy looks like a turtle with his neck sticking out and a girl looks like a hamburger

Love :hbeat:

That is so funny colleen! I was like Fletch - trying to figure it out! Then I got it! Its like he's sitting down and we are looking at his butt - with his tackle hanging out!
    I definitly concur - it is a boy!! LOL!

Colleen, that is a great picture of James' bits. Maybe you can frame it for him for when he gets older
    There's no mistaking him, is there.

Take care
    Trish

layla Guest

WOW! What a fantastic view Colleen!!!
    I love the idea of framing it for when he's older!!!
    I was told that Sean was a boy at 32 weeks as the 19 week scan was "inconclusive".
    With Kate we went for the 19 week scan and were shown her ovaries and everything to prove she was a girl. The u/s doc said 100% sure!! Apparently he's never been wrong.

And this is what my u/s tech said was a girl...
    http://www.babiesonline.com/imagegal...e=i/insideofme

I know a lady who was told she was having a girl and she went and told her dying mother the good news (she already had a son and wanted a girl). Needless to say her mother died thinking she was going to have a granddaughter, and had another grand son.... #-o

Tanya

The lady that did my scan at 19wks said she is 100% positive it is a girl. Just in case though we have been leaving tags attatched and keeping dockets for all the pink stuff we have bought. And we have picked girl and boy names. Can't be too prepared. It would be a bit bummer if they were wrong though. After thinking for 9 months it was a girl then finding out otherwise. Oh well, we'll soon find out!

Yep - we were told we were DEFINATELY having a girl at 21 weeks and 30 weeks.

Imagine our surprise when "Lucy" had a doodle!!

Liam is a gorgeous surprise! We were stoked either way!! =D>

Seeya

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast