Thread: how to regain libido?!

Default how to regain libido?!

Hiya ladies,
    Hmmm. Brace yourselves....
    I'm 24 weeks preg and since around the 10 week mark, I've had NO desire for sex. Physically that is....mentally I would love to but it never translates to my body. We've had sex at least once a week (pah, pretty crap for us) and I have only orgasmed about 10 times and whilst this doesn't worry me overly, it does disappoint DH.
    Anyway, I'm sure there are others of you out there and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Is there anything in particular I could be eating? I haven't been doing my pelvic floor excercises (it was fine before preg) so perhaps that would help in some way?
    Thanks

Well my poor hubby has missed heaps.I dont feel like it at all and i just dont want anyone touching me.I just got my libido back from my first and now its gone again!

Sorry I haven't experiences this either. Mine libido has probably increased slightly. I don't think there is any thing you can eat to help. Just make sure you have a healthy diet with loads of fresh fruit and vegies. And exercise might get the endorphines flowing.

Mine has gone. With my first pg, I bled heavily so was told not to have sex. So now I'm terrified of sex and the bleeding. Plus I'm not that comfortable, want to sleep all the time (while trying to be the primary financial support provider) and really don't think about it. My DH has been wonderful about it, but I do feel slightly guilty. But finger I'm doing my best, and going with how I feel.

Mine is all over the place. I think its also a mindset though. If your tired, grumpy and hormonal you dont want anyone touching you. Make sure you're getting enough rest and dont leave sex untli too late in the evening when you just want to sleep.

LOL My DH thinks he got the short end of the stick with me. He read while I was pg with my first that pg women go nuts for sex after the 1st trimester. Well not me! I seriously think i will talk with my GP after this one as I have NO sex drive at ALL. I am 24 weeks pg & had sex 3 times since I fell pg!!
    With my boys it took ages for any to return at all. I think with #1 it didn't at all & was just pot luck that I fell pg with #2. After #2 it wasa good 12 or so months before I was keen for sex. Now its gone again.
    Poor DH! if he came to me & said he had a one night stand, I really can't say I would blame him!

Humph. It's DH's libido that's gone, but he never had much of a one to start with. I did warn him that Pill hormones made my libido higher so it's no wonder pregnancy hormones have, but he's not interested. TBH it's a wonder I ever got pg given DH's level of interest. Go sex at least once a week! That would be fab! The main reason I looked forward to TTC was because I could demand he perform every other night.

Just realised - 14dpo would have been the first time I tried anything on with him since coming off the Pill, and that's when my hormones would have been kicking in.

Hormones affect people in different ways, at least you'll get your libido back, mine's going to vanish again in a few months. Sorry, maybe not much help, but maybe read a "sexy" story or something to try and work something up?

The problem with that is DH gets all funny if I come for sex that has been fueled by soemthing else. Like say I was to watch The new pirates movie with orlando Bloom & Jonny Depp, there is no way he would have sex with me cuz he would assume the movie is why I'm interested LOL & he'd probably be right!

My libido is totally non existent too. I have no advice, just sympathy!!