Thread: hurting gums

Tessa Guest

Default hurting gums

i was wondering is it normal for your gums to swell up and hurt mine realy bother me ive been going through oragell like crazy. any advice would be apresiated.
    tessa

I have heard that pregnancy can play havoc(?) with your gums! Have you thought about going to your dentist to get a general check up??

Racheal

Tessa Guest

yeah ive going to set up an app. but im still worried about it .
    Tessa

Definitely see your dentist, it is normal to have bleeding gums due to hormones during pregnancy, but it can lead to gum disease and you don't want that.

Hi Tessa,

i have found that my gums are bleeding heaps more and they are quite sensitive too as are my teeth. Its good that you are going to your dentist. I should probably do that too!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

My gums bleed and are often swollen as well. My dentist told me to use Synadrom? and floss and just look after them... My nathropath told me to increase my Vitamin C intake.. Since I have been doing all of the above they are much better (however they still bleed sometimes and sometimes all i can taste is blood in my mouth - yucky...

but by all means see a dentist maybe you can do the above things while you wait for an appointment.

good luck