Thread: I am paranoid and worry...spotting on and off

Default I am paranoid and worry...spotting on and off

Hi all

I am in my week 19. I started getting spotting at week 16 and it stopped and then came back at week 18 and it stopped again. We have been to the ER twice. And this week, week 19, it came back.

We have done a couple of ultrasound scans fof week 16 and week 18 and just done our detailed ultrasound at week 19. ultrasound could not find the source of bleeding or spotting and they have rule out that I have a low placenta as well as placenta not fully attached. They advise me to tell my midwives during my appointment.

I am paranoid as I got some pain on my right side of the abdomen this morning and will be seeing the midwives next thursday. Could anyone should your experiences?

I havent had the same experience as you so cant help there. BUT I wouldnt wait until I saw the MW I would just ring and talk with them now. No point waiting until your appointment as you are just going to be worried for that whole time.

Good luck.

Rachel

Spotting is common during pregancy, although it is hard to know whether to be concerned or not, as technically it isn't supposed to happen.

About the pain on the right side of your abdomen..... it can be related to stretching of ligaments as your belly expands. I was getting pain on my left side today. Usually goes away after a few minutes.

If you are still worried, give the midwife a call.

All the best.

Thank you for replying. I have called the midwives up and was told to observe the spotting unless it is heavy flow, if not I should take it easy and rest well.