Thread: I wish I hadn't eaten that...

Default I wish I hadn't eaten that...

Went out for lunch today with a friend I haven't seen for a while. I ordered a "gourmet" beef burger, and when it came out and I cut into the rissole, parts of it were slightly pink, but they didn't look raw, just not quite brown... stupid me didn't send it back to the kitchen, I thought maybe because it was gourmet it was meant to be like that...I didn't finish all of it, but now I'm wishing I hadn't eaten any of it all... what if I've just given myself a dose of food poisoning and something happens to our baby I'm feeling ok so far, it's been nearly 4 hours since I ate it, so I guess I will just have to wait and see how I go...not feeling sick, I haven't stopped thinking about it so think my head is trying to make me feel sick I just feel so stupid now for eating it, when really I probably should have left it but at the time I just didn't think it was that bad
    Fingers crossed we'll both be alright!

Hugs SS,

Babies are very reliliant - I had 3 bouts of Gastro when I was early preg and all turned out ok and I know a few ladies on here have had food poisoning as well and all has been fine. I ate a few things that I wished I hadnt when I was preg but over all I was pretty carful as I know that you would be being.

Fingers crossed for you but Im sure eveything will be ok.

Kate

Im pretty sure you will be fine. If you do get sick (from either end) making sure you keep up with fluids is the most important thing you can do. You could even try calling your hospital to get further info.

i feel for you. i had that happen yesterday. was fine after i ate it then 7hours later it was hell on earth.

fingers crossed you'll be ok.

Im sure you will be fine. I've given myself food poisoning twice this pg (DP hurrying me to make dinner and mince was undercooked) and I suffered from both ends for a couple hrs and then was fine...have spoken to midwife and she says its fine, a lot of ppl are more sensitive to food and/or get gastro so don't stress x

Hi

I totally know how you feel. I ate something I shouldn't have and at 4am that morning I had really bad stomach cramps......(you can fill in the rest). I was a bit worried and called my midwife, but everything was fine.

I felt like I had damaged the baby in some way, I think it is a natural instinct.

Sounds like you should be fine but call the hospital if you are concerned.

How did you go storm?
    did you get sick last night?
    hope all is well

I was fine last night, big relief! Feeling great today too, so hopefully all will be fine. I just couldn't stop worrying last night that I was going to get sick though, so I am very glad that I wasn't. Definitely a good lesson for me though, and I won't be going back to that cafe in a hurry!

yay glad to hear it!

Be careful of undercooked meat for the risk of listeriosis, not just food poisoning!!

You'll be fine - just don't do it again!!!!