Thread: im a bad mother

Default im a bad mother

hey girls im a bad mother i can stop smoking i smoked though my first pregnancy and i have a healthy little girl and im doing the same thing with this one i wanna stop but im only smoking in habit and i can seem to stop i love my baby and i wanna stop but it so sososo hard to do can any one help im a bad mum

I wouldn't say you're a bad mum. But I think if you' can't stop then you might as well be positive and not berate yourself. You could ask your GP or midwife etc for help Im sure they would have ideas. On the other hand, all our parents used to smoke!! But in no way do I condone, and I would be seeking some support to help you stop. Often just having someone to call can help keep you on track. Good luck xo

jullyn06 Guest

hi, i know how hard it is, i too smoked with my first 3 and a half pregnancies, but i was successful at quitting half way through my fourth. it was hard, but i was really proud of myself when i did do it. its been 6 years since then, and i am now pregnant with baby no. 6. hang in there, you can only do your best, why not try the quit line sometimes it really helps - good luck with your pregnancy from julie

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

There's an article on the main site about smoking in pregnancy with some contact numbers for help, perhaps that might be a good place to start? http://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/pregnancy
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

mizzsocial Guest

You know what helped me quit while pregnant?

Go and read some articles about the side effects smoking can have on your unborn baby.. you'll be surprised how much damage and effect it can have on children later in life, ie; asthma etc..

Also, chewing HEAPS of chewys helped me..

I know its hard, and i really think its great that you are defiently wanting help to quit.. you can always call quit line? they might have some great advise..

Good luck!

And if you feel you cannot quit, dont beat yourself up over it, just try and cut down to less than 5 a day..

Not that I'm condoning smoking during pregnancy. But I honestly believe that if smoking during pregnancy is the worse thing you do as a mother then you are truly a saint. Please don't beat yourself up over it the stress can be just as harmful to bubs as the smoking. Try and get help if you can it is possible to quit and YOU not just your baby will feel better for it. Carrying around all that guilt isn't fun!

Goodluck! And you are certainly NOT a bad mother.

*hugs*
    Cailin

mmmmm i smoked too and still am,i hope you are more successful than me.
    nikki

hey nickii

did you smoke though all your pregnancys i smoked with my last an she is very healthy iv just hurd alot of bad things happen to friends of mine they have nothing to do with smoking it just i i dont wanna lose this baby
    that why i stress mostly i dont know wat to do any more

Tessa Guest

hello,
    im new to this but i have to say im in the same boat only this is my first pregnacy. people just dont understand how hard it is. how ever if you want help quitting or cutting back there is a medication that will help your emotional need for smoking it is safe for pregnate women. i didnt take it because im scared of quitting.

Hi, Im pregnant with my first and still smoking as well. I tried to quit but i just cant do it. If you really want to quit you will be able to i strongly beleive that but i didnt really want to i enjoy it.I wanted to quit for my childs sake but i failed. It dosnt make you a bad mum Baiza not at all, Dont ever let anyone make you think you are.
    Have a great day
    Mel

thank you mel for your reply and also thankyou tesse
    it is hard to quit i get to stressed out if i try an quit where also having money an bill problems at the moment and im stressed about that two
    i know stress isnt good for the baby so i dont wanna put extra stress on him or her its not fair